PDA

View Full Version : How do I break into my car?

ronnie
08-12-2004, 04:40 AM
Has any one got any suggestions on how to open a locked passenger door on an e34. I have a siezed central locking motor and the door is locked shut. I know how to remove the trim etc and get the motor out, but my only problem is that to be able to remove the trim I either have to find a way to open the door or just tear the trim off, something I don't want to have to do.

Oh and one other quick question. The digital milometer in my car has decided to work properly some of the time and then on other occasions half work. It seems to me to be a loose connection or something, but any suggestions on how to fix it would really be appreciated.

Thanks!

StuartB
08-12-2004, 06:13 AM
I had exactly the same problem on my rear drivers door. Unfortunately in the end I had to resort to pulling the trim off with the door shut as there was simply no way I could get the locking pin up. It's relatively simple for the rear doors (I've had plenty of practice now...) just remember to take your time and lever gently, but firmly.

ronnie
08-12-2004, 08:20 AM
Thanks! Sure I suppose then I'll have to have a go at tearing the trim off with the door shut.

ronnie
08-16-2004, 06:55 AM
Just thought I'd bump this back up a wee bit and see if anyone had anymore suggestions.

Also another poser:

When I turn the ignition on sometimes there is a strange grating like noise coming from somewhere in the engine. Doesn't sound at all healthy - has anyone any ideas???