PDA

View Full Version : Midwest E34 Meet Panoramic (photo by Nathan Strup)

Jr ///M5
08-08-2004, 07:39 PM
This is only the beginning of some fantastic shots taken at the Midwest E34 Summer Meet.

It was good to see old friends again, and to meet new people, some who aren't even affiliated with our board, yet...=)

Would like to send a special "THANK-YOU" to Scott H. and Brandon for putting this thing together, the park permit, the food, the company, everything was picture perfect as we wittnessed one of the most beautiful days in August that I can remember. A wonderful day for an E34 gathering.

Some beautiful cars were on display, and each one has it's own story making for some interesting conversation.

Time flew by that Saturday and it was over in a flash, I loved every minute of it and wish everyone here could have been there. Instead, we'll have to "share the moment" for now.....

Thanks to everyone who took the time to come and enjoy some of the best people you'll ever want to meet!

Again, thanks goes to Scott and Brandon, and of course ed....=)

Drive on!

Jr

https://home.insightbb.com/~england31/Hoods_Up_Pano4.jpg

Martin in Bellevue
08-08-2004, 07:48 PM
Each 5er was having mechanical problems with the bonnets raised? That is unfortunate. It must have been hot.

I missed out; I'm sure.

632 Regal
08-08-2004, 07:51 PM
Each 5er was having mechanical problems with the bonnets raised? That is unfortunate. It must have been hot.

I missed out; I'm sure.

winfred
08-08-2004, 07:56 PM
****, none of my customers were there then, every damn car with struts needs a prop rod (or vice grips) what the hells wrong with springs or torsion bars!

I think only 3 had weak ones and only 1 wouldnt stay up in the wind

Jr ///M5
08-08-2004, 07:59 PM
Martin, if you had been there we would have had a "21 Hood Salute"......but we only had 20 E34's... :p

joshuagore
08-08-2004, 09:04 PM
Where are the hood scoops?

Mike M
08-09-2004, 12:16 AM
great pic! except scott and i are missing from the end :(

Alan_525i
08-09-2004, 07:16 AM
I wish I had come to this. Next year maybe. Can we make it closer to Philly? :D

George M
08-09-2004, 07:27 AM
what a cool picture. Fitting that Jr's your car was dead center as the leader of the pack :-)
Anybody know how Nathan Strup created that panoramic shot?...talk about wide angle. Was this great pic created with some type of Photostich software tying together say 3 separate pics of all the cars lined up?

DanDombrowski
08-09-2004, 07:39 AM
What I love most about this picture is the two black ones right next to each other, one with clear corners and one with amber ones, so you can see the difference side by side. Def gonna have to get the clear corners now.

philbyil
08-09-2004, 07:46 AM
It was great to see everyone again and what a grand turnout!
Jr's M5 was its usual immaculate self (unlike Jr of course :p ) and looking like a winner except for a slight "lack of hygeine" in the trunk :D !!

Thanks to Brandon, Stephanie, Scott, Jill, Ed and everyone that put this great event together!

Scott, as we chatted on the way out....let's schedule a Fall "Oktoberfest" of our own at a local Micro-Brew/ hostelry! We have to make sure that young Josh is still able to attend and has a driving license though ;)

I am a little worried as I followed him (lagging a little behind though !!!!) down the road and that Blue Meanie certainly hauls tail I can tell you... watch out for the other "Blue Meanies" Josh!

I have some pictures at home and will forward them on to Scott for posting.....Oh and Brandon.....check out how GOOD your engine compartment looks in the photo I took for you!!! You owe me big time buddy...you don't even have to detail it..now you can just show people the picture instead of opening up the hood :D
Thanks again everyone......

All the best

Scott H
08-09-2004, 08:29 AM
I will note that all of Uncle Phil's threats to bring his motorcycle were in fact idle threats. He caved in to peer pressure and brought the GQ :)

It was great to see everyone again and what a grand turnout!

You are right though Phil, Jr's trunk was a bit littered......I wonder if those plaques and trophies for "best in show" will ever collect dust as most trophies are intended to......I doubt it :p

Some cool cars in attendance for sure. Everyone has done their own thing to their cars and it is cool to see everyone's take. Everyone also knew quite a bit about their cars and there is ALWAYS something new to learn when we get together.

Very cool to see guys from MI, IN, and WI for coming out, and there a lot of new faces. I think next year we will bill it as the E34 Great Lakes Meet.

We missed Ed and his two E34s, Paul P with his touring, MarkD, and David Chen. I believe next year we can make it to 30 cars easily.....

Pics to come.....

Jeff N.
08-09-2004, 10:20 AM

Brandon J
08-09-2004, 10:59 AM
Guys, I had a lot of fun. Glad to see everyone. Some new faces and cars. Everyone was very well educated about the e34s this year so we spent more time talking instead of going in and out, inpsecting every detail of every vehicle. It just goes to show how effective this board is in educating the e34 community.

Phil, sorry you had to leave so soon. We will plan an earlier time next year for the photo shoot. You can e-mail me the pic of my engine photoshopped clean. I bet it will give me inspiration to clean it up.

It was a lot of fun and you bet there will be another one next year. It will be bigger and better. The brats were very good too!

mikey535im
08-09-2004, 11:47 AM
Now that looks like a whole lot o'fun!
Who is the proud owner of the Green E34 , 5th from left to right? All cars look great,especially Jr's !
Mike

bighc2000
08-09-2004, 05:11 PM
Thanks to everyone for such an excellent time. Jr's M5 is even more unreal in the flesh. !

Bimmer Nut Ed
08-09-2004, 07:51 PM
Cool, you guys got 20 E34's. Yeah, next year we'll have to try for 30, particularly with my additional 2 plus Mark and Paul. We'll be there.

Paul P couln't make it either? OK, I don't feel as bad then. Next year we'll have to set the date for the get together even earlier so I can "book it'.

Looks like you all had a lot of fun. The pics look great. I love the idea of the pic with the hoods open. Awsome, the bar has been raised. We'll have to come up with an even better pic idea for next year.

Jr ///M5
08-09-2004, 08:07 PM
https://home.insightbb.com/~england31/BMW_E34.jpg

Brandon J
08-09-2004, 08:40 PM
The guy on the right, hmmm. Don't mind him, he is just full of himself :)

Ed, I'll get the permit even earlier this time (as if 5 months wasn't early enough, I'll make it 6). That should be enough time for you to think of some clever photo ideas.

For those who took pics, could you send me a few. I didn't have a digital for the meet and couldn't get one in time. Thanks.

rockyfeller
08-09-2004, 10:30 PM
Hey whose is the green one with the phat wheels? What kind of wheels are those and where do you get em? They look kinda like a wheel I saw on Ebay at a good price. Am I right?

Mike M
08-09-2004, 10:39 PM
Hey whose is the green one with the phat wheels? What kind of wheels are those and where do you get em? They look kinda like a wheel I saw on Ebay at a good price. Am I right?

i want to say they are roundell 58s? not sure though

krzysiom5
08-10-2004, 12:44 AM

That's a '93 3.8L M5, the guy is from WI, and the wheels are O-Zs 18s (they stop make them years ago) that's what he told me.

cheers, :D

Elekta
08-10-2004, 10:24 AM
That's a '93 3.8L M5, the guy is from WI, and the wheels are O-Zs 18s (they stop make them years ago) that's what he told me.

cheers, :D

His front blinkers look non existent. What a pic. I am in M-Tec envy

David Chen
08-10-2004, 10:52 AM
It was the day from Hell for us! A late start due to my wife's last-minute-crisis at work, followed by an hour+ delay at the I-90 WI/IL tollbooth due to their terror-alert shutdown meant we wouldn't arrive until 15:00 at the earliest. Then the Mrs. got the runs so we ended up aborting near Barrington Rd and spent the rest of the afternoon at Honquests trying on Shifman mattresses (don't even ask).

Such a shame since my arms were entirely sore from Zymoling the car on Friday so it could at least hold a candle to Jr's.

See ya all next year,

David

P.S. And I was almost running a matched set of wheels, 3 M-Parallels and 1 BBS RK-II.

We missed Ed and his two E34s, Paul P with his touring, MarkD, and David Chen. I believe next year we can make it to 30 cars easily.....

Pics to come.....

bighc2000
08-10-2004, 01:47 PM
His corners are smoked. Those wheels are awesome 10" wide in back, 8" in the front.

Brandon J
08-10-2004, 03:10 PM
That is terrible news. I new something was not right when you did not arrive. Well, I hope all is well. Next year's event will be even bigger and may be longer than one afternoon. Maybe by that timeyou will have 4 matching wheels.

It was the day from Hell for us! A late start due to my wife's last-minute-crisis at work, followed by an hour+ delay at the I-90 WI/IL tollbooth due to their terror-alert shutdown meant we wouldn't arrive until 15:00 at the earliest. Then the Mrs. got the runs so we ended up aborting near Barrington Rd and spent the rest of the afternoon at Honquests trying on Shifman mattresses (don't even ask).

Such a shame since my arms were entirely sore from Zymoling the car on Friday so it could at least hold a candle to Jr's.

See ya all next year,

David

P.S. And I was almost running a matched set of wheels, 3 M-Parallels and 1 BBS RK-II.

billb
08-10-2004, 03:10 PM
the new goal for 2005 should be 34E34s...not unacheiveable by any means...I've always wanted to drive to Chicago from Raleigh!