PDA

View Full Version : front suspension knock

lotus88
08-07-2004, 06:29 AM
Hi Guys,
I have a 1994 525 TDS which ha covered 180K miles. The problem I have is a knocking from the front of the car which can be heard going over low speed bumps. I have replaced the strut inserts and the top mounts, also the roll bar links. Still no cure, I have tried to check if any of the joints are worn or loose but nothing so far. The noise is between a knock and a rattle and its driving me nuts! Anyone come across this before?

Paul in NZ
08-07-2004, 06:37 PM
the strut.I am not sure of its function,but apparently a loose collar will cause the sort of knock that you(and I) have.

chinist
08-08-2004, 08:56 AM
Hi Guys,
I have a 1994 525 TDS which ha covered 180K miles. The problem I have is a knocking from the front of the car which can be heard going over low speed bumps. I have replaced the strut inserts and the top mounts, also the roll bar links. Still no cure, I have tried to check if any of the joints are worn or loose but nothing so far. The noise is between a knock and a rattle and its driving me nuts! Anyone come across this before?

chinist
08-08-2004, 09:10 AM
When I tightened mine (info from this forum), it solved not only clunk noise, but long sought vibration cure.