PDA

View Full Version : has anyone tried pbr ceramic brake pads???

tim s
08-06-2004, 01:49 PM
i have pbr semi metalics on my 325e & found them to be impressive, they are noisy but not enough to bother me. is the pbr ceramics going to be better, worse, or same with stopping performance. i do tend to drive very enthusiastically. i am planning on installing new zimmerman cross drilled disks with them front & rear.
thanks
tim s.

jjg43
08-06-2004, 02:13 PM
i have pbr semi metalics on my 325e & found them to be impressive, they are noisy but not enough to bother me. is the pbr ceramics going to be better, worse, or same with stopping performance. i do tend to drive very enthusiastically. i am planning on installing new zimmerman cross drilled disks with them front & rear.
thanks
tim s. ...Zimmerman cross-drilled rotors and they work great. No dust, no noise, and they stop good. I've had them for about a thousand miles and no complaints.

Phil

Tiger
08-07-2004, 02:50 PM
I have the PBR Ultimate ceramic pad. My impression is that it grabs more like OEM pad... don't need warm up... but it doesn't have the surefire solid feel of the MetalMaster under hard braking... I believe this pad is also much dustier than MetalMaster. Quieter than MetalMaster...

Overall... I prefer MetalMaster myself.