PDA

View Full Version : In anticipation of receiving the E.A.T. chip

KurtM
08-06-2004, 10:52 AM
I stopped and filled up with 91 octane to mix with the usual 89 as suggested. Get home and the package has arrived, quickly inform family I will be outside. Remove DME and old chip, install new Mark D. E.A.T. chip and start car. Starts right up, no pinging, no hesitation, purrs as normal with no change. Go in and tell family going for a little drive, as I'm pulling out of driveway I notice more response as drive is sloped. Live in the foothills and unfortunately there is not really a place to let her stretch out, but find a few places and I like it! Driving to work I get a few chances to open it up, it pulls great through the 3k RPM band and from a stop it is muck quicker, more resposive.

Very impressed with the performance, a must for anyone thinking about it.

Thank you Mark

Kurt
95 525ia

MarkD
08-06-2004, 01:30 PM
I stopped and filled up with 91 octane to mix with the usual 89 as suggested. Get home and the package has arrived, quickly inform family I will be outside. Remove DME and old chip, install new Mark D. E.A.T. chip and start car. Starts right up, no pinging, no hesitation, purrs as normal with no change. Go in and tell family going for a little drive, as I'm pulling out of driveway I notice more response as drive is sloped. Live in the foothills and unfortunately there is not really a place to let her stretch out, but find a few places and I like it! Driving to work I get a few chances to open it up, it pulls great through the 3k RPM band and from a stop it is muck quicker, more resposive.

Thank you Mark

Kurt
95 525ia

Hi Kurt,
I'm glad you like it, this one has been a long time coming as you know. I was surprised to find some unexpected changes between the non-EWS version and this EWS-II version, such as the rev. limiter being in a totally different place in the chip, and there also was a rev. limit value that could be set for each gear the car was in.

Mark

Russell
08-06-2004, 06:54 PM
Been waitng a long time. I wanted the EAT chip and was willing to wait.

Thank you Mark

Kurt
95 525ia

KurtM
08-06-2004, 08:14 PM
You will not be disappointed especially in S3 at 2700 to 3100 rpm.

Russell
08-06-2004, 08:52 PM
Especially for a 95 525i. I have seen a couple of postings of instructions for the 540i. Apparently the DME layout is a little different. than a 525i.

Been waitng a long time. I wanted the EAT chip and was willing to wait.

Brian C.
08-06-2004, 09:42 PM
....compliments of Don Gale's excellent repair pages.

chip install (http://www.nmia.com/~dgnrg/page_18a.htm)

...and other goodies from Don! (http://www.nmia.com/~dgnrg/page_2.htm)

I did the chip in my '95 525i, and it was very simple even though the instructions showed it for a 540i. Hope this helps.

Brian C.

Russell
08-07-2004, 08:09 AM
I try to over prepare for installation of something I have never done before. Especially on the e-34! Since I have given it so much attention, it expects first notch care.

Thanks again.