PDA

View Full Version : New 0w40 mobile 1 - now a rough start in mornings

PhilipJCaputo
08-06-2004, 09:46 AM
A couple of weeks ago I change the oil and put in new Mobile1 0w40, and a new filter from the stealer..... The next morning I noticed that the car started up somewhat rough. This morning even more so, there was almost a grinding sound, but I had the radio on and by the time I flipped it off the sound was mostly gone.

But it almost seemed like the engine had a hard time running at idle for the first few moments.

I just returned from a 10 day 4000+ mile trip and had chagned the oil just before the trip.

As far as I can tell from reading the dip stick tehre is plenty of oil in the system, but should I check after the engine has cooled down for while?

632 Regal
08-06-2004, 10:23 AM
You might want to remove the oil filter top after the car sits for a while and see if it is still full. There is a check valve that sometimes fails and drains the oil back into the pan resulting in a dry start (nott too good). Do you have the new style filter insert?

PhilipJCaputo
08-06-2004, 10:32 AM
Yeah, I pulled the old insert out of the old filter and stuck it into the new filter