PDA

View Full Version : Almost leased abrand new (non-BMW) car...

Warren N.CA
08-05-2004, 02:39 PM
After the test drive, I came away wondering why anyone would spend $40-60K on a BMW, when this car is available for $29K.

It was beautiful, in and out, with stunning electroluminescent instrument display. The richness the perforated leather seats was intoxicating.

Fast as a 540i 6-speed, with better handling than any BMW I have driven.

Its 4-cylinder turbo engine felt like a very powerful 6, with zero midband harshness. No hint that it was a 4.

It powers around corners just the same as RWD, but this AWD system gives the car better poise than any RWD I've driven.

I also like it for what it does NOT have: DSC and Nav. (I don"t want no stinking nav because I know how to read maps, thank you.)

If business wasn't so crappy, I'd order mine today.

2005 Subaru 2.5GT Ltd.

DaCan23
08-05-2004, 04:04 PM
But would you chose that over say a 1999 540i 6-Speed 50k Miles CPO'd to a 100k miles for the same price?

rickm
08-05-2004, 04:11 PM
The mrs has a friend who has ordered one, now the mrs wants one too. Fairly impressive from what I've seen/heard. I miss the '84 4x4 wagon I had, that thing went everywhere from driving along the northern OBX to "roads" in western Va to go fishing.

BigD
08-05-2004, 04:48 PM
One car that I'd lease in a heartbeat if I had the $, to trash at the track (to take some load off the M5) is the Neon SRT4. I'd never buy one, but while it's on warranty, it would be great. Kick the crap out of it, and when it does fail (when, not if), I just get a new engine for free, and then when the warranty is out, give it back and get a new one.

Kamil
08-05-2004, 08:32 PM
What were the lease rates like?
Mileage, months, down, etc, if you don't mind.
I used to own a WRX, and recently I've been eyeing the 2.5L Turbo Scubis.

I'll bet that more than one current E34 owner will end up with one of those. ;)
I'll also bet that these cars will last a while, tho probably will not age as gracefully as the E34s. :)