PDA

View Full Version : a car story worth reading....

George M
08-04-2004, 09:42 AM
...imagine being the Mustang owner and his hopes of getting his prize car modded turn into disaster...poor guy...seems like a nice guy too.
Just when you think you've had a bad day...how 'bout picking your car up in pieces, not all the pieces either, being out a chuck of money and having to get a lawyer...really sucks.

http://forum.1320stangs.com/index.php?showtopic=5555

Bill R.
08-04-2004, 09:43 AM
...imagine being the Mustang owner and his hopes of getting his prize car modded turn into disaster...poor guy...seems like a nice guy too.
Just when you think you've had a bad day...how 'bout picking your car up in pieces, not all the pieces either, being out a chuck of money and having to get a lawyer...really sucks.

George M
08-04-2004, 09:57 AM
seems like a solid guy Bill dealing in good faith...a shame. Guess I have been extremely fortunate in that I only had to get a lawyer once in my whole life...something about street racing and too many points :-)
Some people are sue happy but this case seems unavoidable.

andyman32
08-04-2004, 10:01 AM
Wow... dirty shops like that make my blood boil, too. Reminds me of a towing outfit here in Raleigh that literally steals legally-parked cars off the roads (and some parking lots) all over the city, then holds 'em up for $150. The place has been shut down by the cops a half-dozen times as far as I know. I think they went under for good a year or two ago.

1992 BMW 535i
08-04-2004, 10:03 AM
You know, I think that I should have a couple of friends go down there and talk to them.....:) Do they have an internet page? I would love to sign their guestbook. With a brother in Navy I personally feel for this guy.

1992 BMW 535i
08-04-2004, 10:05 AM
Found them!! :)

632 Regal
08-04-2004, 03:21 PM
What I find interesting is that he didnt do anything about it but post it. If this is true and from what I read could very well be, why no legal action? If he was doing something about it all he would have to say is legal action pending, I cant comment on the subject. If he is in the military, he has lots of defences...that part just dont sit well with me.

and yes I read all 54 pages, it stopped at 1:12pm today, must be a forum limit?

George M
08-04-2004, 03:27 PM
clearly two sides to every story Jeff as you say...it may not wash but sad if its true.
Not a rule book for something like this so may not be clicking off as one may plan...just happened a short while ago. If the business is as belligerent as stated, hope justice is served.

ryan roopnarine
08-04-2004, 04:00 PM
i take it if you seen all 5x pages, you read this?

http://www.wired.com/news/politics/0,1283,59413,00.html?tw=wn_story_related

i thought the initial thread might be suceptible to being one sided, but this is kind of blatant.

632 Regal
08-04-2004, 04:19 PM
There is other people tghat were scammed from him including a so called friend, later he visited and saw his old car there and the owner was bragging about putting in a high mileage engine with a cam and selling the good engine for 1500.

AllanS
08-04-2004, 10:11 PM
I'm surprised that this Thompson guy and his son aren't in the hospital... with the number of customers and places they've scammed, you'd think they'd of crossed the wrong guy by now.

632 Regal
08-04-2004, 10:32 PM
what is it worth to average people? I ate 3500 on a trans for the racecar from some ******* that just decided to **** me, he was a good business person for 4 years from what I researched, so that makes me the ass??? I dont think so, It just comes around. Sometimes you just cant win even against someone well known.

JoeS
08-04-2004, 10:42 PM
Drop him an email won't ya!!!!!!

ryan roopnarine
08-05-2004, 09:48 AM
someone over there compiled a list of all of the forums the story has been posted to, it's spreading awfully quick. the news should be involved any day now, with all the exposure the story is getting :D . here's the compilation:

http://forum.1320stangs.com/index.php?showtopic=5744

i put bimmer.info in to the story thread at about 4 pm yesterday, as no one else had done it yet.

1992 BMW 535i
08-05-2004, 10:07 AM
Jeff, there is very little legally that David can do. Going to small claims court (which is where this would be adjudicated) and winning would not guarantee him a payout. Small claims courts are not legally binding and there is no system in place to follow-up or action upaid claims.

Bruno
08-05-2004, 09:29 PM
I'm surprised that this Thompson guy and his son aren't in the hospital... with the number of customers and places they've scammed, you'd think they'd of crossed the wrong guy by now.

What I don't understand is that they keep having some business even though they seem to do a crappy job....

Don't people check what the company is capable of before sending their cars for heavy improvements????
I don't want to be the devil's advocate but before I drop my car somewhere I need referals and good ones... I hate when people touch my cars.

BennyM
08-06-2004, 01:13 AM

1992 BMW 535i
08-06-2004, 06:57 AM
Read it all. Seems that they have defrauded the government also...

George M
08-06-2004, 07:45 AM
Only party one needs to feel bad for are the people that got screwed. As to doing some research before you drop your car off...generally it only happens to someone once and you learn your lesson. Will never happen to the Mustang owner again...for sure. Most of us learn this kind of thing early and hopefully on a much smaller scale. What happened to the young Mustang owner unfortunately happened in a big way and hence a very painful lesson learned. Companies go belly up all the time due to mis-management and poor dealings. Its circular...bad desisions lead to poor and therefore hostile dealings with customers and the whole thing snow balls. Bet these guys are real close to throwing in the towel anyway so they really don't care how they treat people. In their convoluted minds it is the public at fault...certainly not them. As to feeling vengeful about the Thompson boys...no need. They are already living in hell. People almost always get their just deserts.