PDA

View Full Version : I must repeat myself about the EAT chip...

rockyfeller
08-04-2004, 12:46 AM
No, Mark hasn't paid me for this but I feel I owe him this....For anyone still thinking/waiting/skeptical about chipping your car, I'm sure you're heard it before;

IT IS THE BEST UPGRADE FOR YOUR MONEY PERIOD!!

It has been nearly a year since I threw that sweet chip in as part of Mark's test group on my 94 540i. I gave only sporadic feedback on it so it's about time I update ya'll as by now my chip knows my car and I know my car better. Everytime my car does something amazing it strikes me and I attribute it to that glorious chip. The car is far too powerful for it's chassis. The car has garbage H rated Pirelli HP rubber down to treads of 4/32nds. I need to lower this baby with some type 5's wrapped in some proper ZR rubber to match it's power. What's more scary is even thinking of florring the pedal. Haven't tried that yet. There is so much reserve. I'm scared the tires will explode, the brakes won't slow the heavy car enough or I'll fall off a turn (almost did that a couple times). Besides the road runs out too fast every time.

The car has improved low end. The MOST improvement is in the midrange though. The car used to only come alive at 5500rpm. Now at 3500-5000rpm the car TAKES OFF. With my open K&N intake the car grunts and growls, Pure German V8 power baby! All I need is that Tri-Flo for that sound I really want. I'm sure I'll be pushing 300hp. It feels like at least that much. I can now see how different and smooth the engine purrs, shifts feel smoother and here's the best part---this is the absolute truth. This chip will magically pay for itself. Really! My consumption was 16mpg crazy driving, 19mpg highway driving, with an average of around 17.8-18.2mpg previously. Now it's 17.5mpg crazy driving, 23.5mpg highway (!!) and around 19-22mpg on average. Simply amazing! With today's gas prices I don't think you can find a V8 car with this much hp consuming at such efficiency, especially a 10 yr old one!! There are NO drawbacks to chipping the except one; I got pulled over twice. I need a V1 to take care of that! And also Mark is as helpful as you can get. That's my update. My advice. BUY IT!

rockyfeller
08-04-2004, 11:58 PM
No response?? That's not like u guys!

Bimmer Nut Ed
08-05-2004, 12:37 AM
No, I agree 100%. A chip is the best upgrade your money can buy. Mark does a great job with it, and he is a class act.

Bringing in the power at lower RPM is a wonderfull thing.

Yes, that one darn drawback, speeding tickets, been there, done that!

Have fun with it, but make sure you keep the shiney side up!

DrewZ
08-05-2004, 06:01 AM
I'm also very satisfied with my MarkD chip. The only difference is that I haven't noticed as much of an increase in mpg. (Of course, that might be attributable to happy-right-foot-syndrome.)

Drew Zacharda
6-speed Touring
http://members.aol.com/apzjd/newavatar.jpg (http://www.bmwe34.net/ASP/DURegistry/RegDetail.asp?id=100)

No response?? That's not like u guys!

rickm
08-05-2004, 06:46 AM
I'm also very satisfied with my MarkD chip. The only difference is that I haven't noticed as much of an increase in mpg. (Of course, that might be attributable to happy-right-foot-syndrome.)

I think my mpg dropped, when I bought the chip the mrs said "why buy it if you aren't going to use it?" I wish Mark made something to give her Volvo a kick in the pants. :)

mikemaster
08-05-2004, 11:10 AM
I've been happy with mine as well (535).

Thanks for a great product for a great car! Love the 6800 redline, and I've run it up there a couple of times!

DueyT
08-05-2004, 08:56 PM
:D Ich koncurren!

p.s. I keep having the Blink182 "Yee-haa" tune going through my head from the BMW Film with Madonna and the silver E39 M5 in it. Rockyfeller, the chip sure feels like 300hp! Not quite the M5's 400 from its S62, but hey...my E.A.T.-chippped beasty never fails to put a smile on my face!

Mark's done a bang-up job on his chips!

Cheers,
Duey

rockyfeller
08-05-2004, 10:30 PM
Saw it while my car was getting serviced. Yes that E39 M5 is my next dream car. Black on black, gotta have it! So what if a V-10 is comin soon. I'll take that 400hp and bump it to 450hp somehow...that should be enough. That's 911 territory.

:D Ich koncurren!

p.s. I keep having the Blink182 "Yee-haa" tune going through my head from the BMW Film with Madonna and the silver E39 M5 in it. Rockyfeller, the chip sure feels like 300hp! Not quite the M5's 400 from its S62, but hey...my E.A.T.-chippped beasty never fails to put a smile on my face!

Mark's done a bang-up job on his chips!

Cheers,
Duey

632 Regal
08-05-2004, 11:03 PM
Hey Duey, how you been??

DueyT
08-07-2004, 11:04 AM
Hey Duey, how you been??
Jeff, buddy...I've been doing a tour of the lower 48 'provinces' :p for the last few weeks! I spent a week at Ft.Rucker, AL (about 1 1/2 hr south of Montgomery, AL), came home for a bit, then drove down and spent week in D.C. on biz, then just over half a week in Lake Tahoe seeing my little sis get married. Overall a terrific trip (less the 95, 110 with humidex in AL :( dang, pass the sweet tea pitcher and a fan, boys!)

I didn't take the 540i down as my TDI was saying, "take me, you'll only spend $45 in diesel!"...coudn't refuse that -- even a $1.89/gal, the Beast's baby brother barely ate anything on my 1500mi of driving! That said, next time, I may want to take the 540...I-81 below Syracuse, to about Harrisburg is beautiful country...then I'd probably also try and drive the 540 around the high banks at Pocono during 'amature afternoon'...I know a couple of friends who've done that with their Chargers.

Any-hoo, back to finishing of the Beast's Inspection II, fixing my sword before it goes completely (intermittent currently) and figuring if I only need to replace heater core tubes or the core itself...not much for a sunny weekend! :D

Now, for a good cleaning and a few coats of Zaino Bros. magic!

Cheers,
Duey

rickm
08-07-2004, 12:45 PM
I keep having the Blink182

It's Blur, "Song 2". I cut some surf footage to it, after having to listen to it as much as I did you don't forgot the song no matter how to try. :)

Brian C.
08-07-2004, 02:16 PM
...you still heading to the Fla Panhandle?

Brian C.

DueyT
08-07-2004, 04:10 PM
...you still heading to the Fla Panhandle?

Brian C.Brian, that is still a possibility but now may happen in 2 years vice next summer. I still have a personal invite from the Brig-Gen. to come work for him in Tampa/Pan-City.:D I had a day off in the middle of the week when I was down in Ft. Rucker and was tempted (given how close Dothan, AL is to FL) to pop down and try and link up with some buds near Ft. Walton Beach...unfortunately the schedule got bumped and I lost the time off. Oh well, I'm likely coming down to Rucker again in March and will see about taking a few days of vacation and seeing who's all around. I know where you and Winfred are and I think Greg Feller is up in Atlanta...that's a few nearby anyway! I'll see about bringing down some 6.5% Labatt's Ice...mmmmmm...beeeer! :D

p.s. Ooops, Rick...thanks for keeping me honest...I always get Blur and Blink182 mixed up...both have great tunes that would go well with an M5 sailing through the city streets!

Cheers,
Duey

MarkD
08-27-2008, 08:46 AM
No, Mark hasn't paid me for this but I feel I owe him this....For anyone still thinking/waiting/skeptical about chipping your car, I'm sure you're heard it before;

It has been nearly a year since I threw that sweet chip in as part of Mark's test group on my 94 540i. I gave only sporadic feedback on it so it's about time I update ya'll as by now my chip knows my car and I know my car better. Everytime my car does something amazing it strikes me and I attribute it to that glorious chip. The car is far too powerful for it's chassis. The car has garbage H rated Pirelli HP rubber down to treads of 4/32nds. I need to lower this baby with some type 5's wrapped in some proper ZR rubber to match it's power. What's more scary is even thinking of florring the pedal. Haven't tried that yet. There is so much reserve. I'm scared the tires will explode, the brakes won't slow the heavy car enough or I'll fall off a turn (almost did that a couple times). Besides the road runs out too fast every time.

The car has improved low end. The MOST improvement is in the midrange though. The car used to only come alive at 5500rpm. Now at 3500-5000rpm the car TAKES OFF. With my open K&N intake the car grunts and growls, Pure German V8 power baby! All I need is that Tri-Flo for that sound I really want. I'm sure I'll be pushing 300hp. It feels like at least that much. I can now see how different and smooth the engine purrs, shifts feel smoother and here's the best part---this is the absolute truth. This chip will magically pay for itself. Really! My consumption was 16mpg crazy driving, 19mpg highway driving, with an average of around 17.8-18.2mpg previously. Now it's 17.5mpg crazy driving, 23.5mpg highway (!!) and around 19-22mpg on average. Simply amazing! With today's gas prices I don't think you can find a V8 car with this much hp consuming at such efficiency, especially a 10 yr old one!! There are NO drawbacks to chipping the except one; I got pulled over twice. I need a V1 to take care of that! And also Mark is as helpful as you can get. That's my update. My advice. BUY IT!

This old thread needs a bump so you newtimers who love the fleaBay clones can read it! :)

DueyT
08-27-2008, 09:09 AM
Mark, the beast has settled out at 30-31 MPG (Imp, 26-27 MPG US) on the highway running around 120kmh, all from a 4.0L V-8 that loves to breathe and rev -- very nice! Still makes me smile rowing through the gears! :)

Cheers
Duey

MBXB
08-27-2008, 10:04 AM
I've tried both the Dinan and Conforti chips, and the EAT outperorms them both. I get the same numbers as rockyfeller.

repenttokyo
08-27-2008, 10:21 AM
Really! My consumption was 16mpg crazy driving, 19mpg highway driving, with an average of around 17.8-18.2mpg previously. Now it's 17.5mpg crazy driving, 23.5mpg highway (!!) and around 19-22mpg on average. Simply amazing! With today's gas prices I don't think you can find a V8 car with this much hp consuming at such efficiency, especially a 10 yr old one!! !

My 1994 Lincoln Mark VIII, with the 32 valve cobra V8 engine produced exactly the same amount of hp as a 540 - 280 - and had much better fuel mileage than that. 30 miles per gallon on the highway. It's more about gearing than it is about the engine. V8's are almost always very efficient in highway use.

Jehu
08-27-2008, 11:44 AM
This old thread needs a bump so you newtimers who love the fleaBay clones can read it! :)

Were you ever able to program a chip for the few rare DME's like mine which fell outsdie of the standard number?

http://home.comcast.net/~cpkver8/images/dme%20003.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~cpkver8/images/dme%20004.jpg

MarkD
08-27-2008, 07:08 PM
Were you ever able to program a chip for the few rare DME's like mine which fell outsdie of the standard number?

http://home.comcast.net/~cpkver8/images/dme%20003.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~cpkver8/images/dme%20004.jpg

Yes I did make that version in March of 2007.

I can ship that if required.

MarkD

Jehu
08-28-2008, 12:58 AM
Yes I did make that version in March of 2007.

I can ship that if required.

MarkD

Mark from your site I find my DME number only under the Automatic Transmission;94/95 M60 4.0l without EWS-II, AUTO transmission stock rev. limit, no speed limiter 0 261 200 404 sw version 1744606 $229

94 M60 4.0l without EWS-II, MANUAL transmission rev limit increased, no speed limiter 0 261 200 404 sw version 1744050

If I am not mistaken I would need the second one, MANUAL transmission with an sw version 1744606 . You say you have this or are we missing something?

I also remember Stephan from Sweeden pointing out from my VIN and prod.date my car has EWS-I is this relevant?