PDA

View Full Version : Last call! Midwest E34 Summer meet in Chicagoland

Scott H
08-03-2004, 12:37 PM
Cold front moves in to Chicagoland tomorrow, and the temps this Saturday are forecasted 75-77 degrees and sunny! Couldn't ask for anything better.

Come out all you lurkers, and see Jr's ///M5, listen to Uncle Phil C's stories and eat your lunch off his GQ's engine. See Brandon J's S38 transplant in his 525i, as well as the 550i that has been seen on ebay recently.

Plenty to do for the wife/girlfriend/family across the highway at Woodfield Mall. Check out the website "Links" tab for suggestions.

I will be cooking hot dogs, brats, chicken, and burgers, as well as bringing some soda and water. BYOB because I may not be bringing something you want.

Need directions and/or info? Visit:
E34Meet (http://www.jhgruppe.com/E34Meet/E34Meet.html)

Brandon J
08-03-2004, 05:25 PM
The car is buffed and waxed and ready to go. I can't wait. With more cars than last year, it is going to be a lot of fun.

I know that Jr has a big itch for the meet and I hope that Phil brings GQ as I always like to see very clean e34s and it would look great in the group shot.

Jr ///M5
08-03-2004, 07:23 PM
Itch? Moi?....

I've been looking forward to this since last year! Not only can Scott cook, he can forecast the frekin' weather!!! =) Does the talent ever end????...=) It'll sure be good to see you guys again.

Information sources have told me that "Uncle Phil" could be arriving on "Darth"....I'll bet money we could eat off that engine too! Just don't Armorall those tires Phil...=) or we could be having raspberries...

Have you guys contacted Roundel or maybe an area rep? BMW flags would be a nice touch. We've got to get it in the Roundel this time. How many do you show registered for the meet?

This is going to be fun! Thanks again guys for putting this all together. See you Saturday!!!

Jr

Brandon J
08-04-2004, 09:53 AM
We are expecting about ten more total cars than last year. Now that should make for another great picture. I do hope Phil C brings GQ since it is an e34 meet. Plus why miss a chance for the group photo. Scott and I are considering submitting it to the Roundel. We might need you all to write and bug the Roundel to finally shed light upon our beasts to guarantee that our submission gets into the Roundel.

http://www.bimmer.info/bmw/Mark%20J/group.jpg

Mike M
08-04-2004, 12:45 PM
We are expecting about ten more total cars than last year. Now that should make for another great picture. I do hope Phil C brings GQ since it is an e34 meet. Plus why miss a chance for the group photo. Scott and I are considering submitting it to the Roundel. We might need you all to write and bug the Roundel to finally shed light upon our beasts to guarantee that our submission gets into the Roundel.

what would we have to do to get it in there? i'll definitely submit something. it would be worth it to see our cars in the magazine

632 Regal
08-04-2004, 03:58 PM
Anyone from MICHIGAN going? I'm seriously concidering it, send me an e-mail of post here if you are.

Scott H
08-04-2004, 04:30 PM
that Mark D and Bruno are going to swing through MI, pick up G Mann, and cuise over. Like I said.....it is just a rumor, and I don't know who would start such a rumor.

Anyone from MICHIGAN going? I'm seriously concidering it, send me an e-mail of post here if you are.

632 Regal
08-04-2004, 11:27 PM
only a couple days and still a rumor??? Went and got the the kid and all for the weekend, must be something to this.

Dave Rutkowski
08-05-2004, 12:22 AM
Anyone up for some karting after the Meet?

http://www.chicagoindoorracing.com/

Bimmer Nut Ed
08-05-2004, 12:32 AM
Sucks, as you may know, I'm not going to be able to make it. Family plans made with three different families, made before the date was scheduled, prevent me from coming. It really sucks this year cause I coulda showed up with two E34s, mine and the Daughters!

Anyway, I dropped off some Bimmer.info give aways with Scott H. just now. Harass him for some before he runs out. I had to provide some give aways just so you all would not forget about me, and bimmer.info!

Enjoy, take pictures, and have a toast for me!

Martin in Bellevue
08-05-2004, 12:51 AM
We can take my car, cause, well, we want to get there without using 2 cases of motor oil.

I'll start mapping the route with BBQ places as highlight stops. MMMmm, barbecue beans with chopped onions. I could live on that, and chopped BBQ pork. No salads all weekend Brotha!

Leave the indigo girls at home, please.

MarkD
08-05-2004, 07:19 AM
that Mark D and Bruno are going to swing through MI, pick up G Mann, and cuise over. Like I said.....it is just a rumor, and I don't know who would start such a rumor.

Hello Scott,

I sent you an email last week (to an address on your website) and mentioned that I can't make it this weekend. I had planned to do this until a few weekend aho, when my wife Barbara said she can't miss another horse competition. (there's on this weekend.) She missed 3 horse shows already this season when we went to Germany and Oktoberfest and has to attend the last few of the season.

I'll plan on attending next year. It's a good 10 hour drive each way, if it was 3 hours or less I'd drive down myself.

Mark

Scott H
08-05-2004, 10:29 AM
IIRC, I have a 53 second lap there that I need to work on.

Anyone up for some karting after the Meet?

http://www.chicagoindoorracing.com/

Scott H
08-05-2004, 10:32 AM
Next year we will look forward to it. A trip to Germany and California already this summer for you guys.....figured you would eventually have to spend some time at home.

I'll plan on attending next year. It's a good 10 hour drive each way, if it was 3 hours or less I'd drive down myself.

Mark

Brandon J
08-05-2004, 11:42 AM
MarkD, it would great to see you next year. My girlfriend use to do shows and those people are more serious than us with our bimmers.

Ed, our community wouldn't be where it's at without you. Thanks

Martin, so whats stopping ya?

Mike M, if you start writing or e-mailing them then we have a better chance of getting published. However, it takes a whole community to chip-in.

Dave, it sounds like a good plan, I just wonder how exhausted we would be after the meet. I always wanted to go and just haven't had the time.

632 Regal
08-05-2004, 06:06 PM
whats up with the cars moving and no one is in them? the drivers are ready to get on and the cars move... mann im not even toasted yet...whats up?

bighc2000
08-05-2004, 06:26 PM
I am 50/50. have some business in GR tomorrow and will bolt on over if the weather is nice. COnstruction I should Avoid?

632 Regal
08-05-2004, 07:03 PM
who is hosting the big metal thrash band party afterwords?

I should have planned this earlier, I have nothing together and the cars dirty as muck... oh well. I'll have my little boy and thats all that matters, and food, and a place to stay, and hot chicks and hmmm I think we winged it before. We will be just fine! See you all there!

Jeff N.
08-05-2004, 10:43 PM
...I'll do it if you promise only to play Metallica the whole way.

Scott H
08-06-2004, 09:02 AM
80/94 is a total bitch through the IL/IN border. Your other option is 90 which is the skyway. If you choose this option, you have to drive through downtown Chicago, and make sure you follow I-90 O'hare when I-90/I-94 split apart on the north side of the city. If you are going to wait it out on 80/94, then take that all the way to I-294 north. Eventually you will hit I-90 and have to jog West on that.

I am 50/50. have some business in GR tomorrow and will bolt on over if the weather is nice. COnstruction I should Avoid?

philbyil
08-06-2004, 10:15 AM
Too nice a day for the "cage" :), so I will ride up there on "Darth" leaving the GQ sulking in the garage!!

See you all around noontime but have to leave at 3.00. Previous commitment in the early evening........!

Looking forward to seeing everyone.......

Drive safely....

632 Regal
08-07-2004, 05:39 AM
I am on my way fellas!

632 Regal
08-08-2004, 12:04 AM
Ran over a road gator at 100mph on my way home, now I definetly need a foglight! I havent seen how much damage it caused but the sound definetly woke my ass up!. Awesome show fellas and i'll convert that tape asap.

krzysiom5
08-08-2004, 06:59 PM
Hey Jeff,

I'm glad to hear you got home safely, we were worried abuot you. :)

632 Regal
08-08-2004, 07:24 PM
not a good thing but I did finally make it out of that crazy city and find my way outta there, took a while and phone went dead as I was talking to one of my girlfriends lookin up online directions. Sure as god made little green apples I was lost for a majority of the ride. :D Made it home about 12:30 Michigan time. I dont weave but go fast, straight as an arrow like I was on a autobahn safety test...lol

632 Regal
08-08-2004, 07:28 PM
Wow, I guess I did get a bit lost!