PDA

View Full Version : is there a way to find market value of my 540i??

SharkmanBMW
08-02-2004, 08:29 PM
Without actually listing it on Ebay, is there a way to find market value of my 1994 540i?? 200000 kilometers, leather & wood, 5 speed auto, OEM BMW 17" mags, toyo T1-s - 235-45-17 f / 255-40-17 rear.
mechanical A+++, only maintained by BMW dealer (or better for specialty things), have all paperwork..
The car is extremely fast and the brakes are even more impressive!
The car is for sale, but I wanted to learn the market before I invest in advertising it in the media or Ebay.
Any tips would be appreciated!
I did not drive it last winter and this october I must have some surgeries on my jaw because of a car accident, so I will not need the car from October until April 2005.... may as well sell!
thanks
chris

632 Regal
08-02-2004, 08:44 PM
check kelly blue book for a starting line then tweak and search from there.

http://www.kbb.com

good luck my friend

MBXB
08-02-2004, 08:57 PM
You can also look in www.autotrader.com and get an idea of what the current asking prices are.

SharkmanBMW
08-02-2004, 10:24 PM
if anyone is interested in my 540i, please see my home page!!!
or email me for fresh pics!

http://www.cardomain.com/id/skullfracturebmw

SharkmanBMW
08-03-2004, 05:00 PM
It seems my 540i is worth about the same in Canada and the USA, about $13k for a mint car. In the USA, you get paid in US dollars and up here we get the same sale price but in canadian dollars!
what a burn, any takers from south of the border??!!

George M
08-04-2004, 07:13 AM
KBB is virtually meaningless. You are best served to canvas all advertising sources available in your local area. Autotrader.com is an excellent resource...not only for pricing but to sell your car. Time versus money. You will sell your car much quicker on E-bay but at a considerable reduction in selling price. A hint...don't use the term mags if you want to appeal to the BMW crowd :-)
Good Luck

SharkmanBMW
08-04-2004, 06:47 PM
I would love any other bits of info that you think may help sell, or things that sets our BMWs apart from the rest...
and of course please explain what I should be calling my wheels!! :D
thanks again for your attention