PDA

View Full Version : A little bit about TCD.

TCD
08-02-2004, 06:21 PM
Hey Guys,

Here is some background on TCD. We are Todd DeHate and John Sweeney. We are both BMW nuts that really enjoy huge HP. I have owned 15 or so BMWs two of which were e34s. A 1989 525i and 1993 525iT. I am not a newbie to this board or the group who posts on it. I posted with this group 4 years ago when everyone posted at Roadfly and I posted on the old version of this board and I have previously posted on this board.

We are NOT some big company spamming this board in search of sales of clear lenses. Do not even think for a second that we can sell enough turbo kits to justify the amount of time we have spent developing them in the past two years. We have developed and are now selling these kits because we love these cars and the results the turbo kits have on these cars. I can bore someone to death with my enthusiasm. Just ask anyone who has been stuck on the phone with me or ridden or driven one of our cars.

We are a real company, Incorporated, licensed etc. We do bring the absolutely best product to market that we think fellow enthusiast can afford. We do take attacks personally because we love our product and are proud of its production! But we also accept criticism and do appreciate suggestions because we are not the "end all" of turbo kit production.

Our kits are always a work in progress. We hope to always make them better as we find ways or learn new things or have them brought to our attention. I post results like dyno numbers and ¼ mile times, etc because I am excited about them and like to share them with fellow enthusiasts.

I hope you guys get to know us better so we are looked upon as enthusiasts who have something to offer rather than a company spamming their goods on your board.

Thanks,
Todd DeHate

George M
08-02-2004, 06:53 PM
I am sorry we got off on the wrong foot the other day. I wish you well with your company and association with the fine people on this board.

632 Regal
08-02-2004, 07:00 PM
Does your company have these available for the M-60 Nikasil engines yet? Very interested in this.

TCD
08-02-2004, 07:12 PM
Jeff,
We could develop the hardware for a V8 kit but the OBD1 and OBD2 programming is beyond our ability at this point. If we find someone who will help us with this aspect than we would gladly develop a kit. The V8 kit would like be twin turbo and cost upwards of 8K. V8 kits are really expensive.
Todd

632 Regal
08-02-2004, 07:17 PM
I do not want to partake in the fest that was here last week, perhaps you can email me?

Jr ///M5
08-02-2004, 07:19 PM
Now that's more like it....more of a re-introduction than anything else. I remember both of you years ago on the 'fly board.

Congratulations with your venture, as George says, we wish you all the best. Your research and development that has been spent will benefit many people here on the board if you so choose to share it. Imagine a few short years from now when our E34's are approaching 20 years old and are making as much HP as the new ones are...=)

(actually, I'm looking for a turbo for the 318iS....=) something to show those Porsche cars at the local autocross) ha,ha....

Good luck with your company, I'm glad to see the start on the right foot this time...

Regards,
Jr
'91 ///M5 (doesn't need a turbo)
'91 318iS (needs something.....=)

TCD
08-02-2004, 07:25 PM
Thanks George.

aussie540i
08-02-2004, 11:35 PM
Todd good luck from oz

Brandon J
08-03-2004, 12:09 PM
That's a great introduction. Now lets see what the kit can do.

Jason
08-03-2004, 02:24 PM
I beleive you have the same motor that was in the Z3 and the ti, if thats the case it might be worth the look, not sure of the price, but i've heard it adds a hell of a kick

Jr ///M5
08-03-2004, 04:52 PM
You're right Jason, the motor is very close. I believe they changed some minor things about the intake.

Downing/Atlanta would probably work for it alright, but I think the kit is close to $3k........now where did I put those extra k's I had laying around??? =)

Thanks for the lookout though,

Jr

bahnstormer
08-03-2004, 07:46 PM
could we see some more info? like dyno charts, install instructions...(is this a bolt on?)