PDA

View Full Version : Intake air tempature senor

JoeS
07-30-2004, 11:32 PM
The 13 62 1 739 510 is an air temp. sensor that installs in the airbox on a E39 540. (item # 11) Examine the wiring connector that connects to it. Does it looks like the same connector to connects to a fuel injector.
I do not think you can purchase the air temp sensor wiring harness, due to the fact it is a part of the complete engine wiring harness? Am I even close here?

[IMG]http://e34.bimmerd00d.com/other/E39 airbox.jpg[IMG]

I do not know if the posting this image this way works, but i will give it a shot.

winfred
07-30-2004, 11:57 PM
i don't think it's a normal connector, they went to some weird gm looking crap on the later bmw's, i've seen stuff on microfiche listing the plastic part of plugs and their metal bits, perhaps theres something like that on the etk with a part#?

The 13 62 1 739 510 is an air temp. sensor that installs in the airbox on a E39 540. (item # 11) Examine the wiring connector that connects to it. Does it looks like the same connector to connects to a fuel injector.
I do not think you can purchase the air temp sensor wiring harness, due to the fact it is a part of the complete engine wiring harness? Am I even close here?

[IMG]http://e34.bimmerd00d.com/other/E39 airbox.jpg[IMG]

I do not know if the posting this image this way works, but i will give it a shot.

Jeff N.
07-31-2004, 12:22 AM
Joe - snarf one from a dead AFM. Maybe someone has a dead AFM they could give you.

I'll get that pic of my MAF up here sometime this weekend...

winfred
07-31-2004, 12:24 AM
i think he's talking about having a problem with the plug on a e39, they have a external temp sensor that plugs into the airbox

Joe - snarf one from a dead AFM. Maybe someone has a dead AFM they could give you.

I'll get that pic of my MAF up here sometime this weekend...

Jeff N.
07-31-2004, 12:28 AM
His split second MAF doesn't have an Air temp sensor so the car run's crappy when it's cold. My Pro-M/Racing King MAF doesn't have this issue as it has a air temp sensor in the unit. Think Joe's looking to retrofit an air temp sensor...

Joe?

Jeff

i think he's talking about having a problem with the plug on a e39, they have a external temp sensor that plugs into the airbox

winfred
07-31-2004, 12:35 AM
ahhhh you have info i don't, i see a post questioning e39 crap

His split second MAF doesn't have an Air temp sensor

winfred
07-31-2004, 12:37 AM
in that case a m50 has a regular bosch injector style plug on it's air temp sensor, it's on the bottom of the intake plenum

Think Joe's looking to retrofit an air temp sensor

Jeff N.
07-31-2004, 11:38 AM
ahhhh you have info i don't, i see a post questioning e39 crap

JoeS
07-31-2004, 03:50 PM
Winfred do you have pic of the M50 air temp sensor? do you have a M50 temp sensor wiring connector/ harness lying around in your parts yard?

winfred
07-31-2004, 09:00 PM
i got lotsa crap like that, i don't have a pic on hand but it looks just like a coolent temp sensor. 1-866-bmw-guys 8:30-5:30 cdt m-f 9-1 sat talk to brian after 9:30, ill forget if you ask me. you may check the dealer first for the price on the sensor, it may be cheep, whatever you get from me will have shipping and you can score a plug at a salvage yard for next to nothing locally

Winfred do you have pic of the M50 air temp sensor? do you have a M50 temp sensor wiring connector/ harness lying around in your parts yard?