PDA

View Full Version : subframe bushings

robert g
07-29-2004, 10:05 AM
has anyone done the subframe bushings and if so how hard was it. Can you rent the tools to take out and put in the bushings. i read the how to on the bmw network. just wondering if anyone else has done it. thanks

George M
07-29-2004, 10:38 AM
We should take up a kitty on the board and buy the BMW tool. Bret Anderson wants $75 + return shipping for the weekend and more if you hold on to it longer.
Lets see how many are interested.
If we get enough people together...should cut the price down...even if any one of us only sees the damn thing once. I understand having the proper tool really helps the job. It is $350 retail.

Lets see how many are interested in contributing to its purchase:
I am in...if we get enough people together.

Bill R.
07-29-2004, 10:50 AM
complete set for all models long enough to take all the dimensions down so I could make my own set to have.

We should take up a kitty on the board and buy the BMW tool. Bret Anderson wants $75 + return shipping for the weekend and more if you hold on to it longer.
Lets see how many are interested.
If we get enough people together...should cut the price down...even if any one of us only sees the damn thing once. I understand having the proper tool really helps the job. It is $350 retail.

Lets see how many are interested in contributing to its purchase:
I am in...if we get enough people together.

George M
07-29-2004, 10:57 AM
I am in for $30 too. We may easily find more than 12 people.
What I propose is we buy the tool to belong to Bill R...for his shop. He ultimately has say so as to where the tool goes....since most of us install subframe bushings electively...we aren't under the time constraint Bill is with his customer cars.
It should go smooth. When someone is done with it...they just hold on to it until the next guy needs it or send if back off to Bill. If Bill needs it...he will get first priority. Winfred also should get special priority for using the tool.
My vote.

winfred
07-29-2004, 12:19 PM
i am like bill, i just need to see it long enough to build my own BETTER version :)