PDA

View Full Version : Installed HID's- Now "Low Beam" Error Message.....

Don McAdams
07-24-2004, 01:06 PM
I just installed a set of H1 8300K's HID's in my Euro Ellipsoids. Lights/ HID's work perfect- I now just get a "Low Beam" error message in the inst. cluster.

Anyone know how to get rid of error message? Do I need to trick the cluster somehow (jumper wire, etc...)...........

TIA For Any Help-

winfred
07-24-2004, 01:17 PM
http://www.bbesound.com/bmw/HIDinstall/

Don McAdams
07-24-2004, 08:29 PM
http://www.bbesound.com/bmw/HIDinstall/

Tiger
07-24-2004, 10:20 PM
Mmm... that's another way of doing it.

rockyfeller
07-24-2004, 11:57 PM
Aren't HIDs plugNplay? Do they always require a direct electical connection?

Jon K
07-25-2004, 12:39 AM
My kit went in easily. I plugged it in. I have a different error though... I get "PARKING LIGHTS" which makes no sense because i modified my parking lights to use the Euro City Lights.... and they are turning on. Everything turns on. I get the error even with the HIDs off... meaning the lightswitch in the middle position. It was my assumption that "PARKING LIGHTS" were the lights that were on when the switch was in middle and the turn signals on the front of the car were lit... my city lights light instead of turn sigs and so this never came on before, until after installing HIDs... any ideas?

Tiger
07-25-2004, 09:10 AM
No modification needed to hook up the ballast for the HID... plug and play. You don't need to hook up any separate electrical circuit for the HID but you do have to change the fuse for the low beam headlights to 15 amps.

The low beam error is easily corrected with a resistor/relay/fuse assembly. The above method is another way... but that look messy to me and if for some reason the relay go bad...

Tiger
07-25-2004, 09:14 AM
Let me get this straight... you mean you took out your parking light and just hookup up that city light? That's a no-no... fed law required your parking light to be lit... The reason why you get the error is because the city light bulbs alone does not have enough draw... so the computer sensed that you put the wrong bulb in there.

The computer will check all the bulbs regardless if the light is on or off.

Jon K
07-25-2004, 09:45 AM
Let me get this straight... you mean you took out your parking light and just hookup up that city light? That's a no-no... fed law required your parking light to be lit... The reason why you get the error is because the city light bulbs alone does not have enough draw... so the computer sensed that you put the wrong bulb in there.

The computer will check all the bulbs regardless if the light is on or off.

Erm... no more illegal than having euro bumper strips. And this is silly because the city lights did not get the errors for the 6 months I had them wired this way before going HID.