PDA

View Full Version : No Fire From 1990 525i Distributor..HELP!!

carolina525
07-24-2004, 10:56 AM
PLEASE HELP!!! I already installed a new rotor and cap, but still no fire from Distributor. The coil fires fine and there is fire at the distributor side of the coil wire. What else could be causing this? Thanks for any help you can give.

Bill R.
07-24-2004, 11:07 AM
so far and how did you determine that you're getting spark at the coil and at the coil wire going to the distributor?

PLEASE HELP!!! I already installed a new rotor and cap, but still no fire from Distributor. The coil fires fine and there is fire at the distributor side of the coil wire. What else could be causing this? Thanks for any help you can give.

carolina525
07-24-2004, 11:22 AM
then I pulled the plug wire from Distributor and put a spare spark plug on it and produced spark there. The I pulled a wire from one of my plugs and attached the same spare spark plug and NO SPARK.

Bill R.
07-24-2004, 11:36 AM
distributor cap off and watched to see if the rotor turns? Maybe you lost the timing belt... Does it seem to spin over faster than normal?

then I pulled the plug wire from Distributor and put a spare spark plug on it and produced spark there. The I pulled a wire from one of my plugs and attached the same spare spark plug and NO SPARK.

carolina525
07-24-2004, 11:47 AM
No I have not tried that yet, I will give that a try, but the engine does not seem to spin any faster. When it stopped it was an abrupt stop as well. Would the crank or cam sensor cause the distributor not to fire?

Bill R.
07-24-2004, 11:49 AM
crank sensor is working and you don't have a cam sensor... the only thing in the path on yours is the dist cap and rotor and if its not turning thats the only logical explanation i can come up with if you did change the cap and rotor already.

No I have not tried that yet, I will give that a try, but the engine does not seem to spin any faster. When it stopped it was an abrupt stop as well. Would the crank or cam sensor cause the distributor not to fire?

carolina525
07-24-2004, 12:20 PM
ok thanks. I will check the rotor and timing belt.