PDA

View Full Version : Alpina Wheels for sale

E34turbo
07-24-2004, 07:58 AM
any one interested in a set of genuine Alpina classic wheels?
17x8.5 fr and 17x10 rear....coming off of my E34 ......
tires are also included and no I will not take the tires off for a lesser price
as I have been asked before.....

priceis $900.00+ shipping

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/2/web/194000-194999/194786_9_full.jpg

George M
07-24-2004, 08:29 AM
Pat...the wheels look rough in the picture...have any close ups of the wheels? Presume the tires are almost done...please provide more details.
Thanks,
George

E34turbo
07-24-2004, 11:46 AM
Pat...the wheels look rough in the picture...have any close ups of the wheels? Presume the tires are almost done...please provide more details.
Thanks,
George

The wheels are not rough they are just aged/faded paint from the elements
the are not bent or anything like that and the tires are not close to done
the rears have 265/40ZR17 michelin's with 80% tread....the fronts 235/40ZR17
venturi's with 70% tread left.....

sorry thats as close up as I have you can see it ebay also

mikey535im
07-24-2004, 12:04 PM
Pat, Wheels look great on that car,do you by chance still have the wheels (style 10) that were on "Big Red' when you aquired the car ? I have those exact wheels and could use 2, but may be willing to buy set if price is right.
Thanx, Mike

Elekta
07-24-2004, 03:06 PM
do they bolt straight on or do you need spacers? What kind of michelin tires did you say?

I have a 94 Euro spec 530iT

E34turbo
07-24-2004, 04:00 PM
do they bolt straight on or do you need spacers? What kind of michelin tires did you say?

I have a 94 Euro spec 530iT

They bolt right on no spacers michelin sport tires

George M
07-25-2004, 08:38 AM
Pat,
You are an intriguing guy because of some of the cars you have built. A pet peeve of mine however is seller's that don't represent their products for what they are.
Just faded/cracked you say?....You guys be the judge.....caveat emptor...

http://members.roadfly.com/georgemann/Alpina1.jpg

http://members.roadfly.com/georgemann/Alpina2.jpg

http://members.roadfly.com/georgemann/Alpina3.jpg

1992 BMW 535i
07-25-2004, 09:05 AM
Christ that's rough. George how did you do that? Blew up the picture?

George M
07-25-2004, 09:34 AM
...he sent me the pics, I had to post them to show the wheels for what they are. It irks me to no end that Pat would represent these wheels this way. The BMW enthusiast community is a close knit group and there aren't a lot of secrets. I have been stung by purchasing BMW wheels on e-bay in the past that were falsely represented. Generally pictures don't show all the imperfections so if the pics are bad you can hazard a safe guess of what the wheels actually look like. I wanted to spare others this misfortunate. The point is all of this is needless. There is a buyer for wheels of every condition. Nobody is fooling anybody. At the end of the day, you don't get any more money out of wheels by saying they are in better condition than they are...because if you sell the wrong wheels to the right guy you may end up wearing them :-) You only lose future customers as your reputation is everything.
George

Phil M
07-25-2004, 10:02 AM
id say theyd be worth the $900 if they had been refinished and smoothed out. esp since the tires are almost new, altho that could be easily bluffed as well. but in that cond, no sir

George M
07-25-2004, 10:27 AM
but that is really quite aside from the point Phil. An argument could be made that these very rare Alpina wheels with tires may be worth $900 in there present condition...but to represent them as they were...pretty sad if not insulting.

Elekta
07-25-2004, 10:46 AM
I'd paypal $500 shipped and insured to 78703 second week of August. I definetely wouldn't mount them until they were blasted, refinished and clear coated which is about $85 per wheel over here

1992 BMW 535i
07-25-2004, 03:58 PM
Yeah, I'd want them to be re-painted and made round for sure. $100 per wheel here for a total of $1400 (Canadian) with tires. That's a lot of money for used wheels/tires....

Warren N.CA
07-25-2004, 04:03 PM
I should be able to get on that case in about a week.

Thanks,
George

E34turbo
07-25-2004, 04:08 PM
I'd paypal $500 shipped and insured to 78703 second week of August. I definetely wouldn't mount them until they were blasted, refinished and clear coated which is about $85 per wheel over here

LOL man you guys are funny to me......I did not misrepresent anything ....never have and never will.....but you must be smoking some reaaallll good stuff $500.00 shipped LOL....

but on a serious note I sold the wheels for $750.00 to a local person who SAW the wheels n person........... so we can end this discussion.

Evan
07-25-2004, 04:12 PM
George Mann, you have a ton of BMW knowledge... an ounce of tact would be a nice complement.

Elekta
07-25-2004, 04:13 PM
I dont know if I'm seeing things, but I thought I just saw that 34turbo sold them for $800. Good for you...or did you delete your post.

My offer was not intended to insult. It's what I could pay...and that is all. Knowing what it would cost to refinish my tired baskets, I backed that out of your price, and came up with $500. On my end I would be eating $640 worth of michelin xgt's and lifetime balancing that barely have 1000 miles on them, so I had to take that into consideration. That, and my first choice is for T-Stars.

They looked like really awesome wheels, and I'd be proud to own them, fix them up and put them on my touring. PM me a counter offer if you're not pissed off.

http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/ggil-tx/bmw/DSCN1373.jpg
btw I zymol'd for the first time ever, and even did the mother's black wax on the shadowline etal. Took me almost 3hours and 4 beers. I have new respect for detail shops, though I'm not so sure they are as concerned with getting every last bit of blue zymol out of every trim crease and cranny.

cheers.

George M
07-25-2004, 05:50 PM
Hey Warren...glad you received the radio. Be sure to edify the board if successful with the LED retrofit in replacement of the display bulbs. And Evan...I thought I was being tactful...LOL...the reality is much uglier than I stated. If you can't see that...
like PT Barnum used to say...
George

AllanS
07-25-2004, 09:00 PM
I think I missed the part where George told Pat to take his wheels and shove them somewhere unpleasant... it must have been deleted apparently. That's what you're referring to, no?

scott540
07-25-2004, 09:03 PM
George Mann, you have a ton of BMW knowledge... an ounce of tact would be a nice complement.
Holy shiite, now we got someone saying George has no tact. I've seen it all. At least they were registered. George I totally agree with everything you said.

George M
07-26-2004, 07:09 AM
Thanks Scott...no governance on who can say what :-) Its guys like Evan that really deserve those wheels...in fact the target market for Pat....you other guys deserve better.
George

1992 BMW 535i
07-26-2004, 03:48 PM
Hey George, you know muscle cars and are problably one of the few dudes here my age; that being true all I can say is that I saw nothing wrong with what you stated and I furthermore I agree with you.