PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Rory.....

Brian C.
07-21-2004, 07:49 PM
The tip about inserting an album or folder into Power Point was outstanding and saved me tons of time! As I started that friggin' project that was pushed off on me it seemed as though I'd be there for weeks getting it finished. I finally finished scanning all 184 8.5"x11" pages @ 300dpi today. I initially was...scanning, saving, opening PP, inserting, tweeking, saving, and setting up for the next scan. That got real ponderous after 40 or so pages. But when you told me THE WAY......dude......it was all downhill from there!

So here's the tip for anyone who's interested in how to insert multiple images into Power Point all at once from file. Open a new presentation. Go to Format>Slide Layout and select the look of the template you want for all your slides. Click on your selected Layout>Apply to Selected Slides to keep it the same for the entire presentation if that's what you want. Now go to Insert>Picture>New Photo Album and find the files you want in the show at the File/Disk button. Highlight the files you want and click Insert. Adjust the Album Layout as desired and click Create. And Bada-Bing!! Just watch it do it's thing. Very cool.

The inserting of individual images isn't all that much to do......unless you have 184 of them! It really saves a lot of time. You'll get better results and a perfectly ordered presentation if the file names are all ordered exactly as you want the presentation to be. All tolled this ONLY took me 10 hours.

So thank's Rory and everyone else who gave help and advice.

Brian C.