PDA

View Full Version : My baby at a dealer expo... also Airplex covers

jplacson
07-21-2004, 11:17 AM
My baby is part of a "Classics" show at the BMW dealers here... I also took a photo of the Airplex covers on my Bimmer, on loan from a friend.

http://photos.yahoo.com/jplacson

Under Autohaus Expo

jplacson
07-26-2004, 10:06 PM
Another gallery:

http://www.photos.ph/jplacson/bmwexpo

632 Regal
07-26-2004, 10:24 PM
awesome if you caan drive it without tires!

Nice pics guys!

winfred
07-27-2004, 12:16 AM
that's not a tire it's a o-ring

awesome if you caan drive it without tires!

Nice pics guys!

jplacson
07-27-2004, 04:31 AM
hehehehe... thanks!

**my wheels look larger than they really are... they're just 18" with 45 series tires. They just give the illusion of being larger.

epp
07-27-2004, 05:32 AM
car looks cool bud..those look like 19s..hows the ride considering all the craters on manila roads..by the way those airplex covers look great..do they obstruct air flow going into the alternator/ generator? on the 535 the breather is right were the left lights are i am not so sure were the induction is on the 520/525..are they already available here?

brgds,
ed

My baby is part of a "Classics" show at the BMW dealers here... I also took a photo of the Airplex covers on my Bimmer, on loan from a friend.

Under Autohaus Expo

1992 BMW 535i
07-27-2004, 06:42 AM
Dude, you better not come up here! One pothole and you'd be saying goodbey to those gorgeous rims and tires. Welcome to Quebec, bye-bye the wheels! Nice car!

Hector
07-27-2004, 08:59 AM
buy but now that you raise this point it deserves more consideration. Interested to read the answer to your question.

car looks cool bud..those look like 19s..hows the ride considering all the craters on manila roads..by the way those airplex covers look great..do they obstruct air flow going into the alternator/ generator? on the 535 the breather is right were the left lights are i am not so sure were the induction is on the 520/525..are they already available here?

brgds,
ed

bimmerd00d
07-27-2004, 09:36 AM
any hi-res ones, i'd like the one that has the E34, E28, and CS for my wallpaper :)

mrbmw1
07-27-2004, 09:58 AM
Looks great really clean and yeah don't cpme to Miami you'll loose your suspension & rims. I know it took out a set of my 18 inch Mk's and right control arm bushing

Jon K
07-27-2004, 10:28 AM

Under Autohaus Expo

Hey... those covers are neat... any details? I am REALLY interested in picking up a pair... LET ME KNOW!!

ryan roopnarine
07-27-2004, 11:30 AM
if you check jp's earlier post, there are about 5 other people (including myself) that want to buy a set. he said they are about $5x.xx us each, but that shipping for up to 6 sets would be $60 USD. you make 6. ill make a thread and ask again how many are interested.

jplacson
07-27-2004, 12:10 PM
Hahahhaa... trust me guys... Manila roads are only 2nd to the moon. We don't really have any regulations on how to pave a road... so even gravel is considered as 'pothole repair' ... or sometimes, just plain dirt/soil can be used as well... I saw a pothole once, used as an actual pot... with a small plant growing out of it after it was filled with dirt.... this was on a main highway.

But it makes it kinda like an everyday slalom test.... whoops pothole... whoops... another pothole... makes your reflexes a lot faster. HAHAHAHA

Tires don't last as long as they would in other countries though.... that's why most tires sold in Asia have to be redesigned... they usually have harder rubber and thicker lugs.

Some guys here import Continentals and other US/Euro only tires... those last only a few months, unless the car is just a Sunday/show car.

jplacson
07-27-2004, 12:13 PM
My rims are 18"... replicas of the 19" found on the 2004 745iL. The Airplex covers aren't sealed... they 'float' about 5mm off your lights. This lets air through... but I found a flaw of you're driving in rain, or behind a car that sprays dirt/water from wet roads... unlike the E39 or other SEALED lens covers, this one gathers dirt on the outside, inside, and on your existing lenses!!!

So, they may protect your lenses from rocks and debris, but in the event of a mudsplash, you've got 2 layers of gunk that won't wash off so easily without removing the covers first.

jplacson
07-27-2004, 12:16 PM
Thanks guys! :)

Hector
07-27-2004, 12:56 PM
if you check jp's earlier post, there are about 5 other people (including myself) that want to buy a set. he said they are about $5x.xx us each, but that shipping for up to 6 sets would be $60 USD. you make 6. ill make a thread and ask again how many are interested.