PDA

View Full Version : Mustang video

Scott E
07-21-2004, 12:49 AM
I am hoping to fly into DFW and make the midwest event with Brandon H. This could be us on the news

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mustangspin.wmv

632 Regal
07-21-2004, 01:04 AM
that is about the absolute best video I saw all year!!!! chalk up a couple hundred points for Scott! Im savin it and cloggine everyones mailbox with it.

Anton CH.
07-21-2004, 02:19 AM
That is too funny. That guy must be great at drifting if he can do that with a mustang.

ryan roopnarine
07-21-2004, 09:11 AM
that looks like the oft repeated episode of world's wildest police chases with the mercedes s500 and the police mustang, the mustang just kept getting shot down whilest the mercedes trucked on. i think it ended when he ran out of gas or lost all four tires or something.

Scott H
07-21-2004, 09:31 AM
I am hoping to fly into DFW and make the midwest event with Brandon H.

This won't be anything like Bimmerfest in CA.... lol although we'd like to think so

Scott E
07-21-2004, 12:43 PM
My favorite Police Video is where the 15yr old kid outruns the Shawnee KS Sherriff's Dept LT1 Camaro in a e30 /M3. The deputy is such a dumbass no wonder they dont give his name. Just watch and you will see how bad law enforcement in Kansas can be.

http://www.dl330ci.com/Video%20Library/BMW%20M3%20vs%20Police%20lt1%20Camaro.wmv

I am hoping to fly into DFW and make the midwest event with Brandon H. This could be us on the news

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mustangspin.wmv

AllanS
07-21-2004, 12:51 PM
Holy crap... that cop was about 6" away from a head on collision when the other guy lost control!!

Tiger
07-21-2004, 12:59 PM
Mmm... Makes me remember about that tank... Car's weakest point is tire... with tank, you need mass to stop it...

Scott E
07-21-2004, 01:49 PM
I am not surprised the deputy lost control of the camaro. In one scene the e30 brakes to avoid stop sticks and the other reason the camaro doesnt rear-end him is the e30 crossed the median. What a load "the driver make a gesture he was going to ram me then I swerved and lost control". Hey dumbass deputy, turning your head and yelling at the car next to you at 120mph is not a good idea. Most likely the e30 driver never made eye contact with the deputy let alone had time to make any gestures. Then at the end they show the e30 "breaking down" a few miles later. Watch closely they are recycling earlier footage.

I am not advocating what the kid in the e30 was doing was right but the Shawnee KS Sheriff's dept could have handled it in a more professional matter.

I wonder if the e30 did lose the cops and they caught the kid at home later..

Holy crap... that cop was about 6" away from a head on collision when the other guy lost control!!

ryan roopnarine
07-21-2004, 02:16 PM
the world's wildest with the e30 is some top drawer shiite, its getting saved to the HDD right now. its even more impressive that its one of them older e30s .....supercharged my ass, he out drove and out performed the GM engine stand with seats.

ps...i take it "broke down" is face-saving doublespeek for "ran out of gas"

Phil M
07-21-2004, 02:29 PM
that tank chase was nuts. tanks weak point is median barrier :)

Scott E
07-21-2004, 02:44 PM
We should invite Albert Ciesla and maybe even Deputy Wally Long to the mid-west event.

Assuming Wally still works for that organization his email might be wally.long@co.shawnee.ks.us (wally.long@co.shawnee.ks.us)

I found the following at http://cjonline.com/stories/021298/com_chase.html

Thursday, February 12, 1998

Chicago teen caught after high-speed chase

Last modified at 12:24 a.m. on Thursday, February 12, 1998

By TIM HRENCHIR
The Capital-Journal

http://cjonline.com/images/alpha/a.gif
Chicago teenager in a stolen BMW led Shawnee County sheriff's deputies on a chase of more than 25 miles at speeds of up to 125 mph Wednesday morning before fleeing on foot and being caught near Paxico in Wabaunsee County, authorities said.

Albert Ciesla, 15, was arrested and detained in the Shawnee County Youth Center in connection with numerous criminal counts including felony auto theft, said Shawnee County Sheriff Dave Meneley.

Meneley gave this account of the chase:

Deputy Wally Long of the sheriff's department's Criminal Interdiction Unit, driving a marked sheriff's car, tried to stop a black BMW for a traffic violation about 9:30 a.m. Wednesday on Interstate 70 in the downtown Topeka area.

The driver instead sped up to about 125 mph and went west on I-70 into Wabaunsee County, weaving through traffic and often entering the highway shoulder to pass vehicles. The Kansas Highway Patrol and Wabaunsee County Sheriff's deputies joined the chase.

Just west of Paxico, the driver made a U-turn in the grass median, started back east on I-70, left the highway at a county road exit, then quickly got back on I-70 going east in a westbound lane.

The driver allegedly swerved toward Long, who was westbound in the lane, forcing him to enter the median to avoid a collision. The patrol car sustained minor damage.

The fleeing car soon afterward left I-70, went south on a dead-end county road, entered a field and struck a fence before stopping. The driver fled on foot.

A Topeka police helicopter was brought to the area to help search for the driver. Ciesla was found in a brushy ravine about a quarter mile from the car, which officers learned had been reported stolen in Chicago.

Law officers initially thought another person might have been in the car and escaped, but then concluded Ciesla had been the BMW's sole occupant. Copyright 1997 The Topeka Capital-Journal

ryan roopnarine
07-21-2004, 03:01 PM
u're evil scott, this isn't fark or slashdot....im sure the deputy was plenty happy in anominity, and i'm sure that mr. cieslas isn't out of jail yet :D

i have a hard time believing that that was the e30 m3 90 evolution model with the 240 hp they mention in the clip. got outrun by a 197 hp sewing machine car....the heavy chevy simply just couldn't open it up :)

Scott E
07-21-2004, 03:18 PM
Bone stock with a automatic transmission. The car was very nimble.

I think Mr. Cieslas would be out of jail by now and old enough to legally drink beer with us.

Raw horsepower doesnt mean **** without traction and control.

As luck would have it if Brandon H wants to add a couple of hours to the drive from Dallas he can pass though Shawnee County KS.

http://maps.yahoo.com/dd_result?ed=xTowJeV.wimQQVd6MsEKU7USFw--&csz=Dallas+TX&country=us&tcsz=Schaumburg%2C+IL&tcountry=us

u're evil scott, this isn't fark or slashdot....im sure the deputy was plenty happy in anominity, and i'm sure that mr. cieslas isn't out of jail yet :D

i have a hard time believing that that was the e30 m3 90 evolution model with the 240 hp they mention in the clip. got outrun by a 197 hp sewing machine car....the heavy chevy simply just couldn't open it up :)

ryan roopnarine
07-21-2004, 03:26 PM
6 years for stealing a car and running it to 150 (like the video says)? unless mr. announcer man was exaggerating the speed at which the e30 lost him. that last bit about the sewing machine was simply so i could tie in "heavy chevy" and "open it up" into the conversation. that drive is shorter than i thought, i originally thought you were crazy for wanting to drive from TX to IL.

Scott E
07-21-2004, 03:52 PM
6 years for stealing a car and running it to 150 (like the video says)? unless mr. announcer man was exaggerating the speed at which the e30 lost him. that last bit about the sewing machine was simply so i could tie in "heavy chevy" and "open it up" into the conversation. that drive is shorter than i thought, i originally thought you were crazy for wanting to drive from TX to IL.

632 Regal
07-24-2004, 02:06 PM
Just watched the vid again with my kid, did anyone notice the cops spinning the mustang on the bridge??? Nice guys!

Rick L
07-25-2004, 08:39 PM
Not too smart. LADP, at their finest…

Just watched the vid again with my kid, did anyone notice the cops spinning the mustang on the bridge??? Nice guys!