PDA

View Full Version : Squeky sound eminating at odd times from under the car??

Robert 530i
07-20-2004, 12:44 PM
So I am getting this almost random squeak that appears most often when I am slowing down, or have just finished slowing down. Usually just a single squeak that seems to come from the center of the car. A year ago I would hear the squeak once every few weeks or even months. However now I am hearing the squeak every time I drive. I have tied the appearance of the squeak to the movement of the clutch. It usually sometime during the process of pressing the clutch when coming to a stop at a light. So I am guessing that it must be something associated with my clutch, but I have never had a clutch in a car eminate a squeak from somewhere deep under the car, and not the ususal nastiness of loss of power and other smells associated with a burned up clutch.

Anyone have any idea what is going on/wrong? I had the guibo replaced about a year ago and doubt that is the source, but who knows. I haven't crawled under to look for any visual effects yet, but that may have to be my next step.

Thanks,

Robert

riot
07-20-2004, 07:59 PM
I finally located the problem as being in the break pedal. It would squeak alot. I just WD40'd that bastard and it never has made a peep since.

bjl4776
07-20-2004, 08:43 PM
How old is the clutch? When i replaced my clutch i had clutch squeal for first couple hundred of miles, it wore off as the clutch broke in.