PDA

View Full Version : What exactly do the "dogbones" on teh rear suspension do?

bimmerd00d
07-19-2004, 12:34 AM
I was under there installing a stock exhaust system the other day, and I noticed that they look easy to replace. I'm sure since i've driven this car just under 100k, that they're worn out. I do have a bit of negative camber that i'd like to get rid of. Do these allow the camber to change under acceleration or what? I searched the archives, but didn't really understand the answers to some of the posts on this subject. Also, if anyone has done a write-up on the sub-frame bushings could they post it?

Bill R.
07-19-2004, 10:52 AM
http://www.bimmernut.com/%7Ebillr/images/Tracklink.jpg
I was under there installing a stock exhaust system the other day, and I noticed that they look easy to replace. I'm sure since i've driven this car just under 100k, that they're worn out. I do have a bit of negative camber that i'd like to get rid of. Do these allow the camber to change under acceleration or what? I searched the archives, but didn't really understand the answers to some of the posts on this subject. Also, if anyone has done a write-up on the sub-frame bushings could they post it?

bimmerd00d
07-19-2004, 11:14 AM
so the track link is the technical term for dogbone. What i'm wondering, is will this cure a wandering back end. Or is that more of a subframe bushing symptom?