PDA

View Full Version : So how bad does this sound?

Travelfeet
07-18-2004, 09:00 PM
My car was just in another accident. Spun in town (wet road + bad tires) and hit a curb. Possibly the driver hit the gas instead of brakes because damage seems worse than it should be.

The car hit rear drivers side first, mangled the BBS rim bad, broke the axle/CV joint. Damage to both driver's side doors (slight) from hitting a sight. Bottom of the front bumper cracked, and minimally damage to the oil pan as it was leaking oil all over the sidewalk. I think I may just take the money and run s this is the 3rd accident, there is only one side left to damage after the front and rear. so...

Should I fix it? I still owe about 4k, but I think the insurance will cover that.

What about the differential, could that be damaged from the shock telegraphed through the axle (though both rim and axle absorbed a lot)?

Is it likely/possible the frame is bent?

Thanks for your advice

Unregistered
07-19-2004, 12:08 AM
My car was just in another accident. Spun in town (wet road + bad tires) and hit a curb. Possibly the driver hit the gas instead of brakes because damage seems worse than it should be.

The car hit rear drivers side first, mangled the BBS rim bad, broke the axle/CV joint. Damage to both driver's side doors (slight) from hitting a sight. Bottom of the front bumper cracked, and minimally damage to the oil pan as it was leaking oil all over the sidewalk. I think I may just take the money and run s this is the 3rd accident, there is only one side left to damage after the front and rear. so...

Should I fix it? I still owe about 4k, but I think the insurance will cover that.

What about the differential, could that be damaged from the shock telegraphed through the axle (though both rim and axle absorbed a lot)?

Is it likely/possible the frame is bent?

Thanks for your advice

My car sustained a MINOR rear end impact from an E36 and both my shock mounts blew. So factor that into the scenario...

winfred
07-19-2004, 09:19 AM
if you fart too loud in a e30/36 the rear shock mounts break

My car sustained a MINOR rear end impact from an E36 and both my shock mounts blew. So factor that into the scenario...