PDA

View Full Version : How many of you think I should bother to make a page on

Bill R.
07-17-2004, 08:36 PM
thrust arms and struts along the lines of the airbag/dashbulb page?
http://www.bimmernut.com/%7Ebillr/images/Thrustarmonsockets1.jpg

MBXB
07-17-2004, 08:45 PM
Funny you should bring up that topic, Bill, I was just about to post this link:

http://www.nmia.com/~dgnrg/page_26.htm

More info on how to do the thrust arms won't hurt. I'd rather have more than less.

George M
07-17-2004, 08:47 PM
If you could distill down a procedure, it would great. Of course you will subject yourself to the inevitable second guessing game...LOL....i.e. drop the steering wheel counterpoint you have had to endure ad nauseum...haha. Which reminds me Bill of what my old chief engineer used to say...he was a wonderful, scholarly old man who is no longer with us whom I will never forget...his name was Andy...and I remember the vivid twinkle in his eye....he said George you will be well served to remember one thing throughout your career...I rejoined...What's that sir?......He said...."No good turn goes unpunished".
He was right of course but that should never stop any of us from trying...it never did he.
:-)
George

Dick Schneiders
07-17-2004, 09:03 PM
other pages, I might even tackle this job next time instead of having my independent do it.

Dick Schneiders

Jr ///M5
07-17-2004, 09:23 PM
Do it Bill......the board's slow and we need the amusement...=)

Hey George, my old "chief engineer" used to say the same thing, "No good deed goes unpunished"......he would be sure to bring it up after something bit me in the ass...made me think for a minute, then I'd proceed as usual only to echo his sentiments.

So who's going to be the first to try out Bill's procedure??? Better yet, who's going to be the first to critique?

I dare ya! =)

Jr

Paul in NZ
07-17-2004, 10:49 PM
i am the sorta guy who would love a real life step by step guide...esp if it involves a puller......I just hate the thought of those bfh's

Phil Sanderson
07-18-2004, 09:50 AM
]

warton
07-18-2004, 11:08 AM
Snip...
He said...."No good turn goes unpunished".
He was right of course but that should never stop any of us from trying...it never did he.
:-)
George

I agree with others Bill, post it!

My old mentor's most memorable advice:

"Hold out your hand."
"Uh, okay..."
<slap>
"Always check your return codes!"

Programmers... :-)

Peter

Warren N.CA
07-18-2004, 11:31 AM
with the sketchy info now available in the books, I would likely need to take the car to my indy for that kind of work.

If you do make one, I'll be printing it and putting it aside for the day when I may need it.

thrust arms and struts along the lines of the airbag/dashbulb page?
http://www.bimmernut.com/%7Ebillr/images/Thrustarmonsockets1.jpg

Russell
07-18-2004, 01:00 PM
I plan to replace my upper thrust arms and possibly other front end components. I am in the process of deciding if I want to do it or have my indy handle it. The key deciding factor are which tools to I need. It seems as if there are possibly "lower" cost non BMW tools to seperate ball joints etc. However, I do not know what to use. I see lots of references to pickle forks and tie rod pullers and possibly other tools. However, there may be sizes/brands that work best on our cars. This is one area that your help page could address??

Many thankd for your advice.