PDA

View Full Version : Another shameless plug for BMA parts...In the last week i think

Bill R.
07-17-2004, 01:02 PM
I have gotten 4 orders from them sent out on their California overnight express and the stuff gets here nice and early and its cheap shipping.
The parts have been correct almost every time
One thing they have thats a good deal is the fuel line for fuel injected cars.
They send either bmw or mercedes oe. line and it looks pretty good and its cheap. Autozone sells fuel line for injected cars for 4 bucks a foot, the oe line from bma is 5 bucks a meter, much better price and its the right hose
So next time you order from them you might want to pick up a couple of meters of fuel line just to have around...

George M
07-17-2004, 01:36 PM
Hi Bill,
I too have had terrrific luck with BMA. I have ordered a ton of parts from them over the years. I believe they make a point to take care of their own as well, that is well informed repeat customers who know what they want.
Can't tell you how many times they have thrown things in or shipped out small pieces overnight in bubble wrap envelopes at almost no charge or close to cost which they don't make any money on just to help me out. You just don't get that kind of support from other houses.
George

Jr ///M5
07-17-2004, 01:59 PM
Agreed, agreed...there has only been one time that I received the wrong part and that was my own fault. Besides, it was for the MB...=)

Like George says, over the years many hard earned dollars went to BMA and weekly deliveries from UPS and USPS were common. I haven't had to order anything for over 6 months now. But during the months of the "wintertime sanity program", look out!

My local BMW dealer couldn't believe the pricing I was getting for parts. It was 1/2 of what their price was...and that was the best they could do because of some kind of structure they had to use...??? beats me, but they certainly didn't blame me when I bought an ellipsoid light for $95 instead of the $160 they wanted when the M5 was incapacitated. Even the bottom door edge moldings were 1/2 price of what BMW wanted.

Some items are still better off getting from the dealer though, like the illuminated shift knob, from Alexander BMW. But that's about it...=)

Bill is close enough that next day delivery is possible, and needed, for his business. Another great service offered by BMA. Plus they are just about the nicest people you ever never met...=) They take the time to get to know you personally, and that is something some dealers can't even get right.

Kudos is right, Bill, kudos indeed...

Rigmaster
07-17-2004, 07:56 PM
Hey Bill, you happen to have the Part # for the 8x13mm FI hose?? I see a couple of options on their website, but they do not indicate quantity and I want to be sure to get the FI rated hose!

Thanks!

Bret.

Bill R.
07-17-2004, 08:01 PM
invoice and on the hose itself it has the little mercedes tristar logo..
I wish i would have had this stuff when I did the jag xjs a while ago... would have been a lot cheaper..

Hey Bill, you happen to have the Part # for the 8x13mm FI hose?? I see a couple of options on their website, but they do not indicate quantity and I want to be sure to get the FI rated hose!

Thanks!

Bret.

Rigmaster
07-17-2004, 09:27 PM
Thanks Bill! Gonna call them on Monday to place an order (just to make sure I get the right fuel hose- the other stuff is found on the site).

Bret.