PDA

View Full Version : Im Beging For Help!

Unregistered
07-16-2004, 11:22 PM
I am starting to think that my bmw is a lemon! Long story:
A few weeks ago I changed the plugs in my 95 525i, after about a day with the new plugs the car started to loose power and idle a little ruff. Now when I drive the car it hesitates untill around 3k rpms, I can even press the gas to the floor and it doesnt really go at some points like it have no power. I decided to check the engine codes, the code that came up was the 1215 MAFS code. So I took the MAFS off and cleaned it up with electrical cleaner. That did nothing! I have been driving the car around like this for a week or so and now the engine is making a tick tick tick tick sound... I would just take the car to a shop but I dont think I can pay for it right now, so you guys are my only hope! I tryed the engine codes again today and I got a 1444 so I have no clue what to do! PLEASE HELP ME GUYS!

winfred
07-17-2004, 12:18 AM
that's going to be a tough one to diagnose without getting my hands dirty, it could be the maf, may be a coil shorting out, it's hard to say. id look into that tick, it could be a coil missfiring to ground

I am starting to think that my bmw is a lemon! Long story:
A few weeks ago I changed the plugs in my 95 525i, after about a day with the new plugs the car started to loose power and idle a little ruff. Now when I drive the car it hesitates untill around 3k rpms, I can even press the gas to the floor and it doesnt really go at some points like it have no power. I decided to check the engine codes, the code that came up was the 1215 MAFS code. So I took the MAFS off and cleaned it up with electrical cleaner. That did nothing! I have been driving the car around like this for a week or so and now the engine is making a tick tick tick tick sound... I would just take the car to a shop but I dont think I can pay for it right now, so you guys are my only hope! I tryed the engine codes again today and I got a 1444 so I have no clue what to do! PLEASE HELP ME GUYS!

632 Regal
07-17-2004, 12:27 AM
LOL, a day after you put plugs in...directly related.

Im gonna guess that its the boots/wires or a plug loosened up on you.

lemme know the winner!

Unregistered
07-17-2004, 01:48 AM
checked them all, they look good.
any other thoughts?

Paul in NZ
07-17-2004, 02:50 AM
:(

KenB
07-17-2004, 06:16 AM
I had a similar problem after changing plugs and new coils. Solved it by using Dielectric grease on the connectors between the coils and plugs. Cheap fix and worth a try before getting into more expensive stuff.

ryan roopnarine
07-17-2004, 07:23 AM
nobody's asking the obvious question....what brand and type of plugs did you use as replacements? mr. rickard, if he was on now, could talk your ear off about such matters. sounds like a short, like a cracked boot though.

632 Regal
07-17-2004, 11:41 AM
cracked plug?

Anton CH.
07-17-2004, 01:28 PM
Did you place the coils in the same order as they were first in?