PDA

View Full Version : breather hose - a trick to installation?

panzershreck
07-15-2004, 07:05 PM
well the old breather hose (hose going from the throttle body to the valve cover) split and broke when taking it off the valve cover (when i first started the valve adjustment process)... took off the old breather hose but really had to man-handle the thing off the extremely-long connector... now i have a new hose, very flexible compared to the old one... but not flexible enough to get it on there without man-handling it again and i dont want to risk tearing another hose... would it even be worth it to take the throttle housing off the intake manifold (for easier installation)?

lee
07-15-2004, 07:11 PM
Maybe apply a little wd-40 to lube the hose before mounting. That should make it *easier* to slide on....

panzershreck
07-15-2004, 08:41 PM
well i got it on there eventually (using a screwdriver to really force it to wiggle on there)... now im stuck in a really dire situation...

how in the world are you supposed to torque the 2 valve cover nuts that sit right under the intake manifold? not even a socket wrench will fit under there... much less a torque wrench...

winfred
07-15-2004, 10:32 PM
just use wrench and common sence, i hardly ever use a torque wrench on the non critical stuff

632 Regal
07-15-2004, 11:18 PM
snug her up and good to go! Just like a woman, dont need to torque her but you kinda know how much she can take.

LOL