PDA

View Full Version : Bill R., Winfred, or Anyone else - Q's on M60 P/S hoses

Super90
07-15-2004, 08:19 AM
OK the hoses are leaking again!

These are the ones going from the P/S fluid reservoir down to the pump. Remind me of the proceedure to change these because the Bentley and the factory manual don't really tell.

Don't we basically loosen the fittings, disconnect the motor mount on that side, jack up the motor and then swap the hoses out?

Any tips appreciated.

Just had these done about 40k mi. ago and they are leaking again. We won't even talk about the fun I had changing the two little ones that reside under the brake booster!

I figure if I can do those, I can do these too.

TIA

R.

632 Regal
07-15-2004, 12:11 PM
I think your method is correct, did you put the aluminum insulation tubes over the hoses to preotect them from the heat? 40k dont sound like a long time.

winfred
07-15-2004, 12:18 PM
loose clamp? they should last a lot longer then 40k unless one got rubbed through, i haven't done enough of these on v8s to have any tricks yet

Super90
07-15-2004, 03:47 PM
Looks like the clamps might have been a little loose. I tightened them up this morning. Maybe too tight. We'll have to see if that holds them for a while. I will have to clean up the underside of the car to be able to really know if we are in good shape or not. It dumped fluid all over the bottom and made a mess. I cleaned it up a bit last night, but more is needed.

Yes, my current hoses have the aluminum heat wrap on them. I have even thought about going to the "speed shop" and getting some of that fancy heat wrap they use on hoses to keep them from getting too hot.

In the mean time, the parts guy at my indy is doing his p/s hoses on his 530i in the next week or two, so, if mine can wait, I am going to go help him and get the low down on the whole process. Too bad I can't throw mine on the lift and do it too!

More news later.