PDA

View Full Version : Still looking for LKM

lotus88
07-15-2004, 04:58 AM
Hi Guys,
I am still trying to locate the LKM on my 1994 525 TDS. It is definitly not in the main fuse box, there are two modules under the back seat, one is marked ABS the other is not marked, I opened it up and it has about 6 or 8 relays soldered to a pcb but no chips or other electronics, is this the LKM or do I need to look elsewhere, any help much appreciated

Peter

Tim_92525iT_Indy
07-15-2004, 09:01 AM
On my 92, the LKM is in the main fuse box (left rear of engine comp). It is the long black box that has LKM imprinted on the top.

Hope this helps,
Tim

88 325is
92 525iT
98 328is

winfred
07-15-2004, 09:03 AM
not sure about euro cars but on usa cars it's in the main box on our drivers side (left) it's the largest thing in the fusebox in this pic, i already had this pic on my web storage so ignore what i am pointing at, it's on the bottom of the picture, you can almost make out "lkm-l us" on it
http://members.cox.net/wdixon27/washerrelay

lotus88
07-15-2004, 10:41 AM
Hi Tim,

hanks for your help

Peter

On my 92, the LKM is in the main fuse box (left rear of engine comp). It is the long black box that has LKM imprinted on the top.

Hope this helps,
Tim

88 325is
92 525iT
98 328is

JonE
07-15-2004, 11:08 AM
There's some pretty good LKM instructions and pics on Bruno's site. It worked for me anyway.
http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/maintenance/electrical/LKM.htm

lotus88
07-15-2004, 11:16 AM
Thanks Jon, unfortunately my LKM is not in the same position on the car as Bruno's, when I get to find it the pics will be useful.

Peter

Bellicose Right Winger
07-15-2004, 12:45 PM
Any chance the diesels don't have an LKM? I can't find one listed for an ECE 525TDS in my ETK. It's listed for an ECE 525M50 and others. This is a european car is that correct? Do you have headlight relays in your fuse box? If they're not identified on the cover or in the owners manual I suppose you could turn your headlights on and pull the relays one at a time to see if they go out. Previous Bimmers had separate relays for low & high beams.

Paul Shovestul

Thanks Jon, unfortunately my LKM is not in the same position on the car as Bruno's, when I get to find it the pics will be useful.

Peter

lotus88
07-15-2004, 02:07 PM
Any chance the diesels don't have an LKM? I can't find one listed for an ECE 525TDS in my ETK. It's listed for an ECE 525M50 and others. This is a european car is that correct? Do you have headlight relays in your fuse box? If they're not identified on the cover or in the owners manual I suppose you could turn your headlights on and pull the relays one at a time to see if they go out. Previous Bimmers had separate relays for low & high beams.

Paul Shovestul

Hi Paul, yes you are right my model does not have an LKM, it uses relays and the low beam had failed. Many thanks you have put me out of my agony!

Peter