PDA

View Full Version : please help me?

Unregistered
07-15-2004, 12:09 AM
SO....I've been trying my very best to install this damn stereo on my car and I fear I've royally screwed things up. I need someone that knows about the audio system in my 95 525i. I'm not getting any power coming from the yellow power wire into the plug that goes into the back of my stock stereo unit. However, I do receive power from the red/white wire but I believe that wire is used for a 12v accessory? Anyway, I checked out the fuses and they seem to be fine, is there more than one fuse box for these cars? If it is the power wire itself what has to be done? When I try to turn on my stock head unit, my dash give me a message saying "Check Control, Please see Owner's Manual" and my unit does not power. Please help me im in desperation!

Regards,

Bobby
Washington, DC
bermudez@umd.edu

ps. I registered but the site logs me out at every new page I visit...

Unregistered
07-15-2004, 07:53 AM
Correction, those were the wrong colors...
I get power from violet/white (pin 5) but none from black/white (pin 10)
I mean I could always use a power inverter but I just wanna know whats wrong with that one pin/wire and fix it!

Thanks,

Bobby

George M
07-15-2004, 08:28 AM
I posted an in depth install procedure for a CD43 into these cars a week ago along with a picture of the radio plug which is common to your car showing wire destinations.
Not a whole lot of magic to installing a radio just takes some attention to detail.
Not hard to find the constant hot and switching ignition hot from the car's harness. You likely do have it miswired if you previously haven't had a CCM message. Use a multimeter and trace every wire from your car's harness if need be to the radio to find both hots and the ground wire. Consult Bentley which lists wire colors as they pertain to each destination.
Dig out my previous post, study Bentley and use a multimeter and you should be home free.
George