PDA

View Full Version : E34 1994 LKM or LCM where is it?

lotus88
07-14-2004, 04:09 PM
Hi Guys,

I am trying to locate the LKM on my 1994 car as I have the usual low beam problem but its not in the drivers side kick panel as shown on the BMW.net site. I have looked everywhere under the dash to no avail, does anyone know where it is on my model year, its a 525 TDS. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Peter

George M
07-14-2004, 04:42 PM
The LKM is a long narrow relay box...not to be confused with the Check Control Module next to it....both located in the main fuse box under the hood. To remove it for re-soldering, you will likely have to pull up harder than your common sense suggests....the nature of the beast.
HTH,
George

lotus88
07-14-2004, 05:03 PM
Hi George, thanks for the reply, I have checked the main fuse box, there are about a dozen relays in there as well as the long bank of fuses but no LKM or CCM. Any thoughts?

Peter

ryan roopnarine
07-14-2004, 05:10 PM
the 850 doesn't have it under the fuse box cover either, its probably under the computer box cover (other side of the hood) or somewhere to be determined.......will go look it up if its not with the engine computer.

George M
07-14-2004, 05:16 PM
interesting...well then as Ryan suggested...check the DME electronic box which cover is secured with screws on the other side of the engine compartment. The LKM is marked so you really can't mistake it. Where I would look next.
Good Luck,
George

ryan roopnarine
07-14-2004, 05:23 PM
it might not be under there, i had to leave after i told the guy to check in the fusebox. he opened it, and I looked and couldn't find it there. i didn't want him to go through the trouble of unscrewing the other side if i had to leave.

lotus88
07-14-2004, 05:42 PM
any help would be much appreciated, I really need to get the lights fixed