PDA

View Full Version : Lights-on warning

StuartB
07-14-2004, 02:26 PM
Hallo!

After a couple of embarrasing occasions where I've left my lights on for ages and come back to find the car sluggish to start, I've decided to attempt to retrofit the lights-on warning.

I'm not sure if the 525iSE had them as standard as part of the check control, but if they do then mine doesn't work. Thanks to teh online database at http://rust.mine.nu/bmw I know what the unit looks like, however I don't know where it would be fitted. A friend of mine has another 525iSE that's slightly later, and he's got the whole lights on warning thing. For some reason when he opens his boot the interior light in teh cabin comes on too. I'm not sure if these were small additions between 89 and 90 spec cars, but it would be nice to get everything back to mint condition ;)

On the upside, the car went through it's MoT today and passed with a clean bill of health :)

rickm
07-14-2004, 02:34 PM
My 94 leaves the parking lights on if I shut the car off...it would be nice if there was a way to have them turn off when the car shuts off and turn back on when I start the car. Even the wife's volvo has that.

Paul in NZ
07-15-2004, 03:45 AM
I am pretty sure that the lights on warning was an option..perhaps the dealer could help.....