PDA

View Full Version : Minneapolis BMW Owner's Group Gathering!

Triton540i
07-12-2004, 02:38 AM
Minneapolis BMW Owner’s Group
Eric Kozar Founder
E-Mail: estonbach@aol.com
Yahoo Groups “MinneapolisBMW”

Greetings Everyone! :)
The middle of July is practically upon us and it feels like summer is in high gear, the end will come sooner than you expect like an M5 let loose on the race track! In celebration of summer, let's get together this Tuesday July 13th and show our following for the BMW marque! What better place to gather than the Caribou Coffee Shop next to Lake Calhoun in South Minneapolis! As you know, we usually gather on the First Tuesday of the month, but due to the rain last week, it was decided to make another attempt to have it the following Tuesday. To my understanding, the forecast for Tuesday is snow and below average temperatures, actually rain with scattered sun and cloud masses gathering together like a bad gang scene in a fab Broadway musical (ahem... yuck!) So test that traction control system in you're fancy Bimmers and see if Chris can break the wheels free in the parking lot with the M5 or place you're bets to determine if my 540i is a one wheeled wonder, what else are you going to do as you prepare for a strong cup of Java at Caribou? (Legal note... MBMW Owner's Group does not condone unsafe driving (Chris, Ben, Dave and especially Mike) and is not responsible for such driving techniques demonstrated by it's members and affiliates which aren't listed in the official BMW manual as "spirited driving.")

We'll be there at the same time of 7:00 PM this Tuesday (July 13th) at the Caribou Coffee Shop in the Calhoun Commons. If you are unable to make it, I'll be happy to forward you all my junk E-mail for the next week and razz you about all the good times you missed. I'll include the address to Caribou and where to park. I think if it's raining again by some screwed up coincidence, forget about parking in the Calhoun Professional Building's lot and just park as close as you want to Caribou Coffee. The "Baristas" at Caribou like it when you pretend that you're at Starbucks, so use words like "Grande" or "Venti." I'm going to ask them what the hell Caribous have in common with coffee anyway? I've never understood why a person would decide to name a coffee shop like Caribou Coffee, what about Elk, Moose or Jack Rabbit coffee? If I were to have a chain of coffee shops named after an animal, I would have specific blends named after animals like Raccoon blend; a rabid blend for you're morning commute or Skunk coffee; unpredictable, strong and odoriferous. I see it's about 2:00 AM and I'm half asleep so I should just wrap this up by telling you all that I hope to see many of you this Tuesday!

Calhoun Professional Building
3033 Excelsior Blvd.
Minneapolis, MN 55416

Caribou Coffee
3044 Excelsior Boulevard #103
Minneapolis, MN
612-285-9650

-Eric Kozar