PDA

View Full Version : slow moving wipers

nickple
07-10-2004, 09:14 PM
I'm having a problem with my wipers, they are moving very slow, in fact they stop moving for a period and began very very slow. It's like they have no power. Is this an electrical problem or the wiper motor dieing?

talltorontoguy
10-14-2004, 03:27 PM
Bump....

I've got the same exact issue. Mine start and then stop about 1/2 way across the window. I reach out and pull on it... then it moves very slowly, gradually picking up speed.

It makes an awful screeching sound during this process.

Seems to be worse on the lower speed than on higher speed.

This is not a case of something being stripped, more like improper voltage or improperly lubricated.

Anyone have a fix or a link to a fix?

R

632 Regal
10-14-2004, 05:18 PM
time to disassemble and take a pek, hopefully just a greasin issue. Id liike sooner than later because you could damage ore stuff or burn the motor out.

ryan roopnarine
10-14-2004, 05:40 PM
hit the underseat backseat modules with the palm of your hand and see if that fixes it. mine intermittently stops sometimes (started recently) and i think it might have to do with the relay that controls the motion of the wipers getting hot or becoming flaky inside. i know that within 10 mins of removing the backseat it stops doing it, so i'm certain it has to do with something back there.