PDA

View Full Version : Have 30 days of CARFAX, email me you VIN.

Unregistered
07-10-2004, 08:28 PM
Hi,

Somone on one of the message boards once offered free CarFax reports and that saved me from buying a problem vehicle. Thanks MS.

Just trying to return the favor.

If you email me a VIN I'll run it through CarFax and send back a pdf file of the results.

Email it to me at mybmw@wi-on.com

Don't post it here since I don't check in here often.

-Tom

Sweetwater
07-11-2004, 12:45 PM
Hi,

Somone on one of the message boards once offered free CarFax reports and that saved me from buying a problem vehicle. Thanks MS.

Just trying to return the favor.

If you email me a VIN I'll run it through CarFax and send back a pdf file of the results.

Email it to me at mybmw@wi-on.com

Don't post it here since I don't check in here often.

-Tom

I think this is a great offer and I would like to take Tom up on it. However, this being the age of internet fraud and identity theft, etc, I'm wondering if there is a down side to accepting it.....? Comments and experiences appreciated, I'm not in a rush and will take Tom's offer in a few days. Thanks.

Phil M
07-11-2004, 12:53 PM
I dont understand.. if he wanted a bunch of VINs, why not just go out to the nearest mall and look in peoples dashes? what could one do with a VIN anyway? the only thing i can think of is that he has a stolen E34 and wants a new VIN number of a E34 with similar attributes (color, mileage, etc). but damn, the VIN number is posted EVERYWHERE on the car. If thats what youre doing Tom, good luck! If youre not, dont take this the wrong way.