PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a current address for Quentin?

warton
07-10-2004, 01:57 AM
Please send me a private message if you do. The two addresses I have for him both bounced.

Thanks,
Peter

Quentin
07-10-2004, 05:26 AM
As a matter of fact I do....you have a message mate and mail.

Cheers
Quentin

Ps Wide grilles still rule

Jr ///M5
07-10-2004, 07:05 AM
Seeing your post, reminds me of a part in the movie, "Dances with Wolves"....the scene in the beginning, where a rather rough looking old feller is leading a wagon through the deserted open plains. They happen across the skeletal remains of a distant traveler doomed by indians, and the old timer says, "Someone back East is wondering, now why don't he write."......

Thanks for the smoke signal...=)

Jr

Ps...(your grill's a bastard)

George M
07-10-2004, 11:03 AM
LOL...damn...was that a mirage?...has all the suspense of Grant's tomb.
What up Quentin...you still out there? You are getting too old to be getting shy and only an occasional stalker. Quit taking lessons from Gordon...your Canadian clone who also has inexplicably gone to the dark side....dark side of what none of us are sure...some things are best left unsaid. :-)
We miss your old down under folklore you old geezer. Working too much is not an excuse. Stop in and tell us all to go to hell once in a while why don't you?...that is when you aren't chasing brush fires with a garden hose.
Your ol' mate,
George

ScottyWM
07-10-2004, 05:46 PM
Yeah, what he said... and post some pictures too. Love seeing your country, would love to visit some day.

Scott

Jeff N.
07-11-2004, 02:31 PM
He's sorta MIA these days as well.

BTW Quentin - FORSAKE THE PERVERSION!

As a matter of fact I do....you have a message mate and mail.

Cheers
Quentin

Ps Wide grilles still rule

Brian C.
07-11-2004, 03:46 PM
...on (da-da-dahhhhhh) "The A Team" these days! :p
http://www.bimmer.info/bmw/Brian%20C./ateam.jpg
I guess it's a sort of "Natural Selection" with the wrenchers and the check writers in the later stages of E34 life. Those who can fix them themselves can still afford to drive them and may still, whilst those who pay others to do the deed find that money may be better spent on other bills. (Ohhh the shame!!! OK...I said it!!! Yes, I admit it....I did it because of the money! :( )

But let's make a pact that every year, on St. Jude’s day, we’ll all meet at the top of the Seagram’s Tower and try to figure out the ventilation timer and look for a faraway glint reflecting from Gordon’s latest waxjob.

Good to hear from you all!

Brian C.
(queue Babs....)
"Maaaamorees....Like the Cawwners of my mind,
Misty watercolor maaaamorees Of the way we were..."
;)

Quentin
07-11-2004, 10:04 PM
Hi Guys,

First time I had stopped in for several months and had to reply to Peter's inquiry.

I will do an update at the weekend. Still have the 535i and it has had a few more tweaks.

Geoff and I took out first and second respectively at the National BMW meet over Easter. Geoff beat me because:
a) he painted his brake calipers;
b) he forced his son into helping with the detailing (he dremelled his oil filter cap!!!!); and,
c) the judges felt sorry for him 'cause he had a weeny little grille

So can I post pictures here?

George M
07-12-2004, 07:02 AM
here is the format. I am deliberately messing up the following string so it will post in text and not a picture. There should be no *...as I have introduced between the ] and http to get the text to show. As you can see...basic bracketed format with web link to where you host your pictures:

*http://members.roadfly.com/georgemann/picturefilename.jpg

Hope that helps and good to hear from you Quentin...look forward to your pics.
Best Regards,
George