PDA

View Full Version : 2 problems Electrical and Mechanical need help

kngpen
07-10-2004, 12:52 AM
Hello,

1)Electrical: My 95 525i has an aftermarket alarm that was installed on it. It is called and "Autopage" aka piece of **** installed by dumb previous owner. Well it made my car "ghetto". Two of the lights on the passenger side stopped operating ( the turn signal and the illuminated night time tail lights ). Whats weird is the turn signal still works when I use it to turn. Its just when the headlights are turned on it doesnt illuminate like the left side turn signal. This problem used to be fixable by jiggling the alarm module until it turned on (and setting it down gently in place). Now it completely stopped illuminating and its really annoying. Back tail light never illuminates, and the right turn signal only blinks when my blinkers on. I disconnected the alarm module from the harness with no change. BTW, my keyless entry stopped working 2 months ago, so I have just about had it with my electrical. I think I may have to take my car to bmw to have this fixed and see about having the factory alarm rewired if its still there.

2) Mecahnical: Recently Ive been experiencing rapid brake fluid loss. I have to refill it every other day. The pedal will get very soft to the point its like OMG I should not be driving. The brake fluid warning comes on all the time too. Do you think I have a brake in one of the lines?

winfred
07-10-2004, 01:01 AM
for the braking problem, when dot 3 fluid instead of dot 4 is added to the system, the two rubber grommits on the top of the master cylinder turn to black goo and the fluid runs down the frame to the ground, this is a common problem and usually doesn't affect the performance of the brakes, look for wet spots on the lines and calipers. new grommits are cheep, if the bmw dealer is out a 740 volvo is the same, should be a buck or two each