PDA

View Full Version : I'm considering selling my '91 535i 5spd - opinions

Kamil
07-09-2004, 08:57 AM
Yes, I'm considering selling it... after owning two older bimmers in row (E28 M5 before this) I think I'm ready for a new(er) car.

Here's the description of the car:
'91 535i 5-speed
230k miles
2nd owner
Bronzit w/ black leather
Power seats, OBC, sunroof, windows, everything in working order.
No accidents, all original body panels.
New starter (after market)
No [visible to me?] rust.
Cold A/C.
Heated seats work great.

Drives really well, super reliable, cruises at 90MPH.

Manuals, tool kit, all there.
New clutch (2nd one) installed 10k miles ago
replaced stock suspension (20-30k miles? done by orig owner)
recently replaced front UCA's w/ 750iL bushings
recent valve adjustment
New radiator, hoses, fan clutch, etc.
Z3 short shifter kit installed
20% tint all around

The bad:
The car will come w/ stoch 15" wheels, they need to be replaced.
It needs a muffler (original needs to be replaced)
The paint is bad; I have no idea what happened to it, looks like someone used an ice-scraper on it, all even minor straches... can't see them from more than five feet away.

Price... $5690 or best offer (?) more?... less?... what could I get for it?
The car is in northern NJ/NYC area or Boston.

Opinions welcome.

bjl4776
07-09-2004, 11:47 AM
I'm interested in buying a 535im in that area. I think the price may be a bit high because of the mileage and the paint. I know the engine are good for high mileage bout 230k is alot. Im gonna see what i can work up and I'll give you an offer if you decide to sell it. Were exactly are you located, im right outside of Waterbury, CT, i might have to come by and give it a look

Kamil
07-09-2004, 11:54 AM
I work in Manhattan, live in NJ, and kinda, sort off spend my weekends in Boston area.... driving thru CT on I-15, I-91 and I-84. :)

PM or email me.

Mike M
07-09-2004, 01:23 PM
I work in Manhattan, live in NJ, and kinda, sort off spend my weekends in Boston area.... driving thru CT on I-15, I-91 and I-84. :)

PM or email me.

willing to part it out by chance?

Kamil
07-09-2004, 01:42 PM
willing to part it out by chance?

Uhmm... not really... outside of the integral factory parts, I have no "extras".

LOL, the short shifter? :D

If you're asking if I'll turn it into a parts car.... NO WAY, it's a really great car.
LOL... damn voltures. :p

-Kamil

632 Regal
07-09-2004, 02:26 PM
Uhmm... not really... outside of the integral factory parts, I have no "extras".

LOL, the short shifter? :D

If you're asking if I'll turn it into a parts car.... NO WAY, it's a really great car.
LOL... damn voltures. :p

-Kamil

mholbrook
07-09-2004, 03:57 PM
So what are you movng up to. Another E34 (540) or an E39 or??? Frankly, I think the E34 is a terrific platform and it would be very hard for me to give up my car, a 535im. I think when I'm older (57 now), I might be ready for a 540 Touring with the slush box. For now, I'm still a street sweeper.