PDA

View Full Version : BMA Rocks

Unregistered
07-08-2004, 06:02 PM
The guys at BMA are the best. My 94 530 died on the way to work this morning. After getting it going (had to drive two-footed, one to keep the RPM above 1k and the other for the brake), I limped it in to East Bay BMW for diagnosis. Problem: O2 Sensors, fault code 201 and 203. Cost for repair....$775.00.....$298 in labor and $477in parts....for 2 frickin' O2 sensors.........man, am I in the wrong business. Called BMA.....in stock and shipping today....cost: $72 each plus shipping......unbelieveable.

These guys are great.

"F" the dealer!

BMA Rocks!

Springfield1952
07-08-2004, 06:25 PM
The dealer in P-Town? If yes that's make three of us here in town (Keith is the other one). And yes, BMA is the best.

Curt.
1994 530iT

Keith
07-08-2004, 07:55 PM
Hey, who's this guest, who's this "local" person with no name here "and" has a 5er?
Is this person going to the 5er meet in Livermore (Wente) on July 31st?
Oh and by the way, East Bay BMW "is" the worst stealer in the country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND, Mr. Anderson, where in the hell have you been, I haven't seen this name (not to mention seen your face at any Bay Bimmerz meets in a long time?
Hows about it Curt, I haven't seen your name & car registered for the 5er meet either, there's not even a Touring on the regsistry page come to think of it, c'mon Curt, you've got to come to this, it's in you own backyard!

Keith

Unregistered
07-09-2004, 10:47 AM
Kieth,

My name is Mark......live in Manteca and commute to San Jose every day. Love my 530, but she's getting up there in miles (201k) but she keeps on ticking. So what's this about an event at Wente on July 31st? Send me some details if you have them.

EB BMW.....think they are bad, Valley BMW in Modesto is even worse.....

Keith
07-09-2004, 12:13 PM
Kieth,

My name is Mark......live in Manteca and commute to San Jose every day. Love my 530, but she's getting up there in miles (201k) but she keeps on ticking. So what's this about an event at Wente on July 31st? Send me some details if you have them.

EB BMW.....think they are bad, Valley BMW in Modesto is even worse.....

Mark, if you need a shop/mechanic, I've got a great one in Pleasanton,
SAS German Auto, I just got back from there, I needed a fault code read.

Anyway, the info on the 5er meet I will attach.
We've got 5er's from the "early" 80's, to the present coming, so please c'mon out. One as far as Oregon.

Here it is: www.bigfootdesigns.com/

Only register if you plan on coming.

Hope to see you there,
Keith

Springfield1952
07-09-2004, 12:29 PM
Keith,

You're right, I haven't been around much. The past 18 months have been spent with my head down working on a remodel at the old hacienda. But, the final pieces of trim are on, the koi pond is full of fish and the sun is shining every day. Unfortunately I cannot make the get together on the 31st as I will be sipping drinks with little umbrellas in them in Maui. Tough duty but someone has to help pull the tourist industry out of the doldrums. See you around P-Town.

Curt.
1994 530iT

KurtM
07-09-2004, 12:45 PM
4290 Cherokee Road, (209) 931-0550. He has done repairs on my 95 525 for 2+ years. Good rates and I have in the past supplied my own parts and they have done the labor only.

Kurt
95 525ia

Warren N.CA
07-09-2004, 12:50 PM
This is a practice they have just begun in the last few years. I would suggest avoiding them, like the plague.

The guys at BMA are the best. My 94 530 died on the way to work this morning. After getting it going (had to drive two-footed, one to keep the RPM above 1k and the other for the brake), I limped it in to East Bay BMW for diagnosis. Problem: O2 Sensors, fault code 201 and 203. Cost for repair....$775.00.....$298 in labor and $477in parts....for 2 frickin' O2 sensors.........man, am I in the wrong business. Called BMA.....in stock and shipping today....cost: $72 each plus shipping......unbelieveable.

These guys are great.

"F" the dealer!

BMA Rocks!

Unregistered
07-09-2004, 01:18 PM
This is a practice they have just begun in the last few years. I would suggest avoiding them, like the plague.

It's unbelieveable that anyone would be so uninformed as to actually pay for parts from the dealer without looking around for a better deal.

All.....thanks for the tips on repair shops. A few places I checked in Manteca won't even touch my car. I try to do as much as possible by myself, but every now and then, I need a good shop to take over.

Also, looks like I won't make in July as well. 2 year anniversary so we're off to Bonny Dunes for the weekend.

Take care,

Mark