PDA

View Full Version : normal fuel pump noise & a/c issue at idle

salansky
07-08-2004, 01:40 PM
Hey all,
Its been a while since I posted last and I have since replaced my front bushings and redid the breaks all around. Its been running great aside from the shimmy which still exists at 45 and 80mph. It may be my need for rings, but my indy says it require them - I beg to differ, they are 17" ATS DTLs.
Now I have a few more things I'd like to run past y'all.
First, I was walking around my 95 540im while it was idling and I heard, what I assume to be, the fuel pump humming away from behind the right rear tire. It seemed a bit louder than I remember ever hearing it, although I was surrounded by concrete walls and may have had some echo going on. Could this be a sign on the impending death of my pump?
Second, its been in the mid-90's up here in the piedmont of NC and my a/c is really getting a workout. I've begun to notice that the compressor occasionally kicks off while my car idles with the air on. It resumes normal operation when I start driving again. Does anyone know if there is an idle-speed sensor possibly going bad or maybe the clutch on the compressor or something?
Thank you for your input,
-jack