PDA

View Full Version : BMW design cues....the coming storm?

bighc2000
07-07-2004, 01:37 PM
It seems that the Bangle led "FAD" designs are catching up with BMW. The hallmark of German (really all) luxury makes was timeless design with excellent and well thought out engineering.

Read the linked article and tell me if this is or is not the future of the current designs of BMW:

Autoweek (really Automotive News) (http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat_code=carnews&loc_code=index&content_code=03511333)

1992 BMW 535i
07-07-2004, 02:13 PM
God I hope not. I haven't liked a design since the late 90s. The new M5 is so ugly - reminds me of a Grand Prix....BMW needs to get back to their roots and re-discover the beauty of our E34s and even the old 2002....

jplacson
07-08-2004, 02:48 AM
Granted the new 5 series doesn't catch my eye at all... I do like the Z4, and the upcoming 1-series. The new E90, even though it looks similar to the 1-series and other bangle designs, doesn't do it for me either.

I honestly feel the Z4 looks great, a decent successor to the Z3. But going back to it's roots has drawbacks as well, cuz I personally think the Z8, which took most of it's design cues from the older BMW roadsters, looks F-uglier than any Bangle bungle.