PDA

View Full Version : Replacing my 92 525i

dunderchief
07-06-2004, 10:01 PM
So I've come to a bit of a decision. I need to get rid of my car. I love it to death, and I must say it's probably the most comfortable car I've ever driven. Unfortunately it's not exactly practical for my college student on a budget lifestyle. So I've started looking for something on the more practical side. What really sucks is I haven't driven anything yet that even comes close to driving like my car. It's just so smooth and clean, even with old suspension. So my question to you is what should I be looking for. I'm in the market for something reliable and easy to maintain, preferably that gets good gas mileage. I generally lean towards the performance side of things, but I love the way my Bimmer feels. My budget is likely in the 6-10k range, but I could push it to 13 or so if there was something that had to be had. You guys have a huge knowledge base, and I figured I'd pick your brains a bit.

On a side note if anybody is interested in a '92 525i Manual White/Blue with 100k on it lemme know, I might have one for sale :).

e34
07-07-2004, 12:28 AM
get a 95 M3, or e30 M3, but i would just keep the e34. I will be selling my 525i 89 to get a M3, but before that i will get a 99-02 Suzuki TL1000r, a motorcycle is a great on gas. U get like 40mpg.

Unregistered
07-12-2004, 09:31 AM
keep it, you will be better off....there you go...some good advice...

Phil M
07-12-2004, 09:55 AM
Volvo 850 turbo, E36 3 series, Audi A4/A6, Lexus ES series, Mercedes E class.. for something with a decent ride somewhat comparible to the E34.

honda accord, nissan maxima, VW jetta.. for something with quite a bit of practicality, not comparible to the E34 :)