PDA

View Full Version : is there any way to get through the trunk?

Unregistered
07-06-2004, 09:03 PM
Its the only thing i can get open right now, is there any way to get into the car through the trunk? even a small opening might help

ryan roopnarine
07-06-2004, 09:05 PM
have you tried the emergency open on both doors? i think that before 1990 models, the unlock procedure might be applicable to EITHER the driver or passenger door. am going to go take a quick time video of me doing it to make sure you understand what the board means.

Its the only thing i can get open right now, is there any way to get into the car through the trunk? even a small opening might help

Unregistered
07-06-2004, 09:09 PM
i have a '90 and im pretty sure i tried what was explained and im getting no response. my locking mechanism might be screwed. I appreciate the video but it wont do any good as my pc at home is such a POS that i probably couldnt watch it anyway

ryan roopnarine
07-06-2004, 09:27 PM
the primary thing to remember when trying this is to lift the handle of the door before trying to put the key in. emer. key open only works with the power off, and i cant disconnect my batt lest i loose my ECU settings, buuuut....this is the way you do it

lift door handle
insert and turn key (beyond the normal position)
keep turning the key to this point until the door knob starts to move up (see thru window)
keep doing it until door is open!

as seen in ths video, the normal open position (the first turns of the key) and the emer open (second part of video) are at extremes to other.

http://plaza.ufl.edu/rroopnar/P7060021.MOV
its only 650 kb

ryan roopnarine
07-06-2004, 09:32 PM
sorry, in writing instructions below, its either repeatedly turn the key to the extreme while holding the handle up, or repeatedly pulling on the handle with the key in the extreme turn position, i can't do the procedure with the power wroking in the car. sorry.

John D
07-06-2004, 10:09 PM
I have opened my car using a long piece of plastic banding material, like that used on shipping containers. Folded in half and slid thru the door frame opening. Much easier than a coat hanger and does not mar the paint like metal.

Unregistered
07-06-2004, 10:47 PM
if possible, im not quite sure where you mean i should put it. Also would a slim jim work?

-joes
07-06-2004, 11:24 PM
I cut out the apline hatch ( the thing that supplies a pass-thru into trunk for hauling snow skis) with my demel. There is a nice out line on the metal for you ( you will need to remove the insulation pad first). Then I paid a 4 year old kid a $2.00 ( for a soda and candy bar) to crawl thru the opening and into the front seat in order to pop the hood latch. So i could get to a battery connection.

Unregistered
07-06-2004, 11:51 PM
through that metal. So what the hell can i do? am I just screwed? Im so frustrated right now knowing i have the key and i still cant get in my friggin car! I really dont feel like taking the train to work tomorrow (i already did today)

ryan roopnarine
07-07-2004, 06:41 AM
through that metal. So what the hell can i do? am I just screwed? Im so frustrated right now knowing i have the key and i still cant get in my friggin car! I really dont feel like taking the train to work tomorrow (i already did today)

unscrew one of the exterior lights (like the license plate one) and hook a 12vdc power source up to it. try then.

632 Regal
07-07-2004, 03:16 PM
you can pop the metal opening with a screwdriver and a hammer, its held in with tiny bits of metal that werent perforated when it was stamped at the factory. Once you pop one you will see where they are...simple job.

Unregistered
07-07-2004, 08:11 PM
i can pop that out?

Unregistered
07-08-2004, 01:33 PM
actually i was so frustrated i just beat it in with a hammer, but i got in. I had even tried hooking up the 12v power source to the license plate light and that didnt work. But after spending 2 day trying to break into my own car with the key in my hand I'm glad to just be in. Now i have to get the damn thing to start. Anyway, thank you to all that gave their suggestions. I appreciate the help

ryan roopnarine
07-08-2004, 01:42 PM
now that you're in, i'd suggest that you figure out which door uses the emergency unlock, and practice on it by unlocking all of the doors (except for one of course) with the battery disconnected.