PDA

View Full Version : Hello from jolly ole england...have a cd error question

John in Nova Scotia
07-05-2004, 07:03 AM
Hello all,
I am about a month into my 6 month stay here in England and have a question regarding my wife's cd player back in canada. She says that when trying to put the cd changer on she is getting an err code on the display. She says that everything else works...radio and cassette...but no cd. ANyone have this happen before?? If you could let me know I would appreciate it and may be able to guide her through it long distance.
Thanks in advance and any private replies can be sent to john_in_england@hotmail.com

John in Nova Scotia (well not right now)
89 535ia

rickm
07-05-2004, 07:33 AM
I had this happen to my unit. Remove all of the CDs from the caddy, insert the caddy back into the player and turn it on. See if it errors out. When mine errored it was because one of the CDs didn't eject itself back into the caddy, but after putting the blank caddy in there all was fine. She can also clean the unit using one of the disc based cleaners. Another thing to try is to be sure to insert all commercial burned CDs into the caddy...when I first bought the car a CD I burned myself caused the unit to error out, it seems that if there is one bad CD in the stack it won't want to play.

If worse comes to worse can she also get in the boot and unplug the power from it and reconnect it.

John in Nova Scotia
07-05-2004, 09:27 AM
Thanks Rick, I will pass that info on to her...I am sure that it will be my 13 yr old getting in the trunk though if the empty caddy doesn't reset it...lol
Thanks again
John in Nova Scotia (well England for the next 5 months)
89 535ia

rickm
07-05-2004, 09:52 AM
I unloaded my caddy once, reloaded it and it errored. I put the empty back and a CD started to play - apparently one of the CDs didn't discharge into the caddy and when I reloaded it the unit wanted to eject it but couldn't. Odd...esp having to listen to local *cough* "radio" *cough* that morning (which is pretty bad here...the local radio is crap).

Good luck!