PDA

View Full Version : swapping DME's - how long to regulate?

Robin-535im
07-04-2004, 04:55 PM
Hi All,

I've got two DME's, each the same part number but with different chips.

I want to dyno the different chips so my plan is to do some runs, swap the DME's, then do some more runs.

Does anybody know how long it takes for the DME to come to steady state? What if I drive DME#1 for a week, swap in DME#2 for a week, dyno #2, then swap in #1 - how long will it take to adjust?

Thanks!

- Robin

ryan roopnarine
07-04-2004, 05:20 PM
i've paid some significant consideration to my engine computer in the past, WRT its effects on fuel economy. my dme is motronic 3, but i find it takes between 200 and 250 miles for it to stabilise (and that includes idle speed as well). idle is usually 100 higher than normal during this time, its a little sluggish down low (rpm wise), and gas mileage is at least 2 mpg lower than normal. highway seems to settle things faster than city driving. my trans computer takes about 100, buuut you don't have the same unit, as well as having a manual :D

Hi All,

I've got two DME's, each the same part number but with different chips.

I want to dyno the different chips so my plan is to do some runs, swap the DME's, then do some more runs.

Does anybody know how long it takes for the DME to come to steady state? What if I drive DME#1 for a week, swap in DME#2 for a week, dyno #2, then swap in #1 - how long will it take to adjust?

Thanks!

- Robin