PDA

View Full Version : Have a problem.

Unregistered
07-04-2004, 04:40 PM
When I start up my 525I and the engine is cold, it feels like some of the pistons are not working, or some sparks arent sparking. Anybody had this problem before??? When I start driving its fine. It only happens at start. Can anybody help me with any suggestions of what it could be?? Thanks

winfred
07-04-2004, 11:42 PM
year/model?

Gary M
07-05-2004, 12:08 AM
Maybe you have oil leaking around the sparkplugs. The valve cover gaskets begin to leak when they get old. If this is the case and you have resistor packs on each of the spark plugs, replace the gasket immediately. Otherwise you could burn out the resistor pack(s). $$

Unregistered
07-05-2004, 12:14 AM
Its an 1989 525I, thanks for the help. I will take a look at it right away. thanks

winfred
07-05-2004, 12:18 AM
single coil on a m20 not packs, id check the plugs/cap/rotor and look for air leaks first, bosch super w8lcr gapped around .28 is what it likes, platinum plugs suck

Maybe you have oil leaking around the sparkplugs. The valve cover gaskets begin to leak when they get old. If this is the case and you have resistor packs on each of the spark plugs, replace the gasket immediately. Otherwise you could burn out the resistor pack(s). $$