PDA

View Full Version : Shimmy question...

StuartB
07-03-2004, 03:32 PM
Hallo!

I was amazed that for some reason, even though I was getting the juddering under braking I wasn't getting the shimmy (though it was feeling a little vague). Now I find that like a twit, I completely forgot to check my front tyre pressures. They were running at 20 and 25 psi, though they've now been bumped up to a much more healthy 30.

Now, I get the shimmy. Bugger.

Now, here's my question: This car needs to go on a very important trip tomorrow, altogether it will be doing 300 miles. It also needs to be ready for my new job on Tuesday, which involves a 66 mile commute (that's there and back though).

Will the car be alright along this kind of distance (for tomorrow at least). The thrust arms should *hopefully* be replaced on Monday if all goes well. Or should I just give up and pay through the nose for a train ticket?

Cheers!

ryan roopnarine
07-03-2004, 05:17 PM
HA HA HA

you're concerned about driving it 366 miles because of shimmy? mine shimmied about 2800 miles on a road trip before i could replace that stuff. drive it.

Hallo!

I was amazed that for some reason, even though I was getting the juddering under braking I wasn't getting the shimmy (though it was feeling a little vague). Now I find that like a twit, I completely forgot to check my front tyre pressures. They were running at 20 and 25 psi, though they've now been bumped up to a much more healthy 30.

Now, I get the shimmy. Bugger.

Now, here's my question: This car needs to go on a very important trip tomorrow, altogether it will be doing 300 miles. It also needs to be ready for my new job on Tuesday, which involves a 66 mile commute (that's there and back though).

Will the car be alright along this kind of distance (for tomorrow at least). The thrust arms should *hopefully* be replaced on Monday if all goes well. Or should I just give up and pay through the nose for a train ticket?

Cheers!

jplacson
07-03-2004, 10:39 PM
Ryan, hey man... don't be too hard on the guy! He just wants to take care of his baby! :P

Stuart, don't worry... you can still drive your car. :)