PDA

View Full Version : Bruno's subfame stiffening plates torque values

Russell
07-03-2004, 06:02 AM
I just got a a set of Bruno's subfame stiffening plates that are placed between the rear subframe mount and bracket.

For installation I need to remove several nuts. What are the torque values of these nuts? My Bentley was of no help in the rear suspension section.

TIA

Russell
07-03-2004, 09:37 AM
I just got a a set of Bruno's subfame stiffening plates that are placed between the rear subframe mount and bracket.

For installation I need to remove several nuts. What are the torque values of these nuts? My Bentley was of no help in the rear suspension section.

TIA

Russell
07-03-2004, 01:26 PM
Is this OK? I could not find any torque values in Bentley. Also could not verify anything in the TIS as I was not sure which suspension part the tables were referring to.

Bruno
07-04-2004, 07:48 PM
How does the car feel now?

Russell
07-04-2004, 08:07 PM
I have only driven it a few miles around town. I will tell more on my daily commute over two lane roads. It seems as if the rear responds quicker and my wandering is a bit less. I also, few days ago, lowered tire pressure to about 30/30 psi.
I wonder it the lack of airspace under the bushing may cause the transmission of noise to the body. However, it would not seem to be the case since the main connection bolt attaches directly to the body. Do not feel any extra vibration.

How does the car feel now?

Russell
07-06-2004, 03:58 AM
Yesterday I drove interstate highway for about 100 miles and about 20 miles of 2 lane roads. Some of the trip was in a driving rain with wind. The directional stability/wandering seems much better. I think the new bushing stiffeners are compensating for rear suspension wear. Now for the front thrust arm inserts!

I have only driven it a few miles around town. I will tell more on my daily commute over two lane roads. It seems as if the rear responds quicker and my wandering is a bit less. I also, few days ago, lowered tire pressure to about 30/30 psi.
I wonder it the lack of airspace under the bushing may cause the transmission of noise to the body. However, it would not seem to be the case since the main connection bolt attaches directly to the body. Do not feel any extra vibration.

Bruno
07-06-2004, 10:57 AM
Yesterday I drove interstate highway for about 100 miles and about 20 miles of 2 lane roads. Some of the trip was in a driving rain with wind. The directional stability/wandering seems much better. I think the new bushing stiffeners are compensating for rear suspension wear. Now for the front thrust arm inserts!

And a set of inserts is set aside for you.
I will probably even give you a discount because you are the 1st on the board buying the rear subframe plates.

Russell
07-06-2004, 05:48 PM
I drove my normal commute today over 2 lane roads and I could really tell the difference. Drives much better. How did you come up with the idea?

And a set of inserts is set aside for you.
I will probably even give you a discount because you are the 1st on the board buying the rear subframe plates.