PDA

View Full Version : ellipsoids

darron525
07-01-2004, 09:56 PM
my 93 525I did not come with ellipsoids, my question is I see used sets on ebay all the time with chipped glass or sandblasted lenses.
Can I purchase a used set and change the lense ??? or do I have to buy the whole light assembley??

darron

Jeff N.
07-01-2004, 11:15 PM
You can replace the lens for about $50 each.

BTW, I have a set of ellips (US model) with good lens, good reflectors I'll sell. Contact me at jsnord@hotmail.com if interested.

Jeff

darron525
07-01-2004, 11:34 PM
email sent

thanks,
darron

You can replace the lens for about $50 each.

BTW, I have a set of ellips (US model) with good lens, good reflectors I'll sell. Contact me at jsnord@hotmail.com if interested.

Jeff

bimmerd00d
07-02-2004, 09:18 AM
the lenses will NOT fit your current lights. US non-ellipsoids are not anything like ellipsoids, the lens is not very different. You need to get teh entire ellipsoid assembly, it has a projector in the low beam behind the lens.

darron525
07-02-2004, 11:19 AM
I think you mis-understood what I was asking. My question was if I buy a used set of ellipsoids on ebay with sandblasted or chipped lenses. Could I purchase new lenses and replace the bad ones for the ellisoids, not buy ellipsoid lenses and put them on my current lights.

darron

the lenses will NOT fit your current lights. US non-ellipsoids are not anything like ellipsoids, the lens is not very different. You need to get teh entire ellipsoid assembly, it has a projector in the low beam behind the lens.

e34
07-02-2004, 11:11 PM
just get the euro light with day time running light they look nice, or the new ones with the angel eye in them.