PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of any Mechanics in Orlando Fl??

LuF
07-01-2004, 12:41 PM
I now have the famed driveshaft problem (Flex disk etc.,) and need to know if there are any mechanics in Orlando that can do this job,without asking me for an arm and a leg for repair? Or if someone in the Orlando area knows how to do this and is willing to help me out in my attempt to rectify this problem myself which is my preferable solution ;) Anyway any info will be appreciated..

Thx..

ryan roopnarine
07-01-2004, 12:46 PM
i'd try, in this order:

rudy's mercedes--winter park
eurotech--winter park

if they aren't "reasonable" enough, i'd suggest you start cold calling. i've found that rudy's gouges a lot less than most other places in that area. a lot of the general service mechanics want between 5-9 hours to do it, i would think you could get it done cheaper at a euro car place.

if i was there right now, id help you in exchange for you helping me COMPLETE my driveshaft service (i changed the guibo, but didn't have time to take the shaft off and do the cb). i would say that the diy'er will take that 5-8 hours to get it done themselves.

I now have the famed driveshaft problem (Flex disk etc.,) and need to know if there are any mechanics in Orlando that can do this job,without asking me for an arm and a leg for repair? Or if someone in the Orlando area knows how to do this and is willing to help me out in my attempt to rectify this problem myself which is my preferable solution ;) Anyway any info will be appreciated..

Thx..

LuF
07-10-2004, 12:02 PM
i'd try, in this order:

rudy's mercedes--winter park
eurotech--winter park

if they aren't "reasonable" enough, i'd suggest you start cold calling. i've found that rudy's gouges a lot less than most other places in that area. a lot of the general service mechanics want between 5-9 hours to do it, i would think you could get it done cheaper at a euro car place.

if i was there right now, id help you in exchange for you helping me COMPLETE my driveshaft service (i changed the guibo, but didn't have time to take the shaft off and do the cb). i would say that the diy'er will take that 5-8 hours to get it done themselves.

Found a place called Bimmer World on Cherry St in Winter Park knew the problem and did the work (center link) cost 280.00 not bad finally found a place to take the car for stuff I dont want to do.Thanks for pointing me in the right direction..